What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

what turbo should I run?

PaulybTTA

Well-Known Member
so with all the mods you see I have i need to decide on what turbo size to go i know i defiantly want a precision. i want something that will be good for my set up now and when i decide to do more mods and get a bigger stall. I was thinking 5858, 6262, or 6266 what do you guys thin?
 
so with all the mods you see I have i need to decide on what turbo size to go i know i defiantly want a precision. i want something that will be good for my set up now and when i decide to do more mods and get a bigger stall. I was thinking 5858, 6262, or 6266 what do you guys thin?

The turbo Robert bought from Bison with the Garrett Housing would be great.
62mm w/ Stage 5 turbine wheel?
Joe
 
I would stay in the 62-64mm range for the turbo. That is all you will need. You better have a really good converter which is more important. What converter?

Joe
 
i have a 2400 right now but I will be getting a bigger one... probably around 3000. I heard the 5858 is all you need for 11s.
 
its a stock converter but has a little more stall. I'm gonna upgrade to probably a ptc 10 non lock up 3000-3200
 
its a stock converter but has a little more stall. I'm gonna upgrade to probably a ptc 10 non lock up 3000-3200

DO NOT BUY THE 10" PTC 3200 lock up...I didn't say N/L. Contact Dusty or Janis trans. if you decide to go non luck up.

30-3200 stall on that PTC lock up is wayyyy to loose. I had one.


Your converter, turbo and cam have to match.

Get rid of that D5.

I'd get that turbo Robert bought from Bison (62mm Stage 5 turbine with Garrett housing) and a 9/11 from TCS 2600@1psi.

Joe
 
I haven't heard any or read any results from the 5858, only 61-62 series and up.
I would try to keep your stall around 2800. Any larger will not be fun for a street car. If you have never driven a car with a 3000 and larger stall it's hard to describe other than the throttle feels slushy, or less crispy. Cool for a strip mostly car that has a massive turbo on the compressor and turbine side.
 
Back
Top