What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Got A New Toy, Another Great PAS Product

TTA984

Gold Member
I have been looking for another car for sometime now, I was going to get a TTA or a GN but I decided to get a 91 GMC SYCLONE. It is mostly stock and runs great. You talk about traction, this thing has it!:D
 
Congrats on the new toy!! Looks to be in fine shape. Saw one of these this past summer at the Pontiac Nats. 99.9% of the cars there are Pontiac, but it is open to GMC and Oakland vehicles as well. :)
 
Lookin' good, I always thought that they were way cool :cool:
how many miles, other details, etc??
Good luck with it!

Mark
 
Wow, that is a beauty!

My Dad had one for a while when he was a dealer back in the day. He kept one at the house for several months when I had my TTA.
Me and my older brother eventually took them out for a 1/4+ drag race. I beat the Syclone, but only by a car, it was close. The best race in my memory of a stock to stock TTA and Syclone and I wish I had it on video.
 
Wow really nice, like the UAW sticker :-)

You can now get a trailer for the TTA and take both of them to shows !!

Good find ... enjoy your new ride!
 
Very nice Mike! My cousin, who I bought the TTA from, had the Syclone. He owned the TTA, GN, Typhoon and Syclone. He noted his favorite was the Syclone followed by the TTA.

Eric at TT created the Velosyty chip for the Syclone. I think it has 7 adjustable features. Big thanks to Eric and Bob...

Did Eric make a scanmaster type scantool yet for the truck?

Joe
 
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I flew to look at this one before I decided on it. And did a inspection from I got from SY TY .org. It passed all the things on the list. Will only have to do a few minor things to it, like replace the tail pipe since it has the original, and get a few rock chips taken care of at the front of the hood. It has all original paint and in good shape for the age. It spent most of its life in Arizona and Calif, so not any rust.

It has the original CD player that was factory, not many of them had the CD player.

Jan, the UAW sticker is inside of the driver door as well as the PAS sticker.

Joe, Eric has the Scanmaster 3 for the SY and the TY. I will get a Scanmaster 3 as well as a chip for it. The Scanmaster 3 even shows boost.
http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1007%2DSyTy

Here is the check list I did:

http://www.syty.org/?page_id=61
 
Last edited:
The Pas Sticker inside the driver door is similar to the TTA. I should have it here in Florida by this time next week, going to haul this one myself!;)
 
The Pas Sticker inside the driver door is similar to the TTA. I should have it here in Florida by this time next week, going to haul this one myself!;)

on that note... is there a "copy" or a good picture available of the actual TTA sticker? My car was repainted and there is no door sticker DontKnow:
 
on that note... is there a "copy" or a good picture available of the actual TTA sticker? My car was repainted and there is no door sticker DontKnow:
Mark, I am sure JAN would know the answer to that one. Good question. Maybe he will chime in later!:cool1:
 
Good luck with it. I sold
My 92 TY this year so I could get the TTA in the garage. I purchased it and it was in great condition. I did some mods to it and it felt quick but not as fast as neither my GN or TTA. I would like to buy a SY at se point so I could say I had all of them at one point. The AWD was definitely great. Have fun with it!
 
Some engine bay pics:

2nd pic. shows the wastegate solenoid, and the filter is the same as the TTA.
 
Grat buy !!!! I want one and a GNX when i get a lil older an get the kids out

looks very clean !
 
The Syclone and their Typhoon storm brothers are all full-time awd.
"Quicker than a Corvette... in the rain".
 
That's a sharp truck Mike, what does it for me is they didn't go stupid crazy with the decal's, are they 2-wheel drive?


Robert, Mark is right it is AWD. Has a Corvette transmission and liquid intercooler. I went and test drove it before I got it and I was amazed at the power and torque to the pavement, and on wet or dry road it don't matter. Like driving a truck-sportscar. PAS did a fine job building these!

Jay Leno has one he got new here is his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfjPadrbGC4
 
Last edited:
Nice! Rides like a sports car and runs better than most in stock trim.
I own one as well. Mostly stock but will eventually upgrade turbo to a hybrid called a 20g with 10cm housing for stock like spool up. It should match the 42# injectors and TT chip I installed. Mine has 109K and counting(my daily-d) and still pulls strong. I have read the stock torque converter is a stout piece.
Enjoy!
 
Back
Top