Head porting

Lsttype

I'm taking the heads off my TTA engine. What are some of the secrets to porting these heads? I know they're different than a standard GN head so I was wondering if there's anything different?

Send them to CHampion racing heads for porting they have experience with the TTA cylinder heads. Not sure many other car owners would bother to port these heads as they are mostly used on non performance sedans.

What I mean is the cylinder head on the TTA motor is more commonly used on front wheel drive sedans that are not very often modified for performance. As a result of few car owners of FWD sedans removing this particular cylinder head to port them, there are not many machinists that port and polish this particular cylinder head. This is in contrast to say a small block chevy cylinder head that has been ported and polished by many machinists and the tips and tricks have all been documented. This is all my personal speculation.

Lsttype

I'm porting them myself. Was just wanting some tips on where the most gains are. Plan on working the bowel area and gasket matching the ports

TTA855

White lightning drinker
What I mean is the cylinder head on the TTA motor is more commonly used on front wheel drive sedans that are not very often modified for performance. As a result of few car owners of FWD sedans removing this particular cylinder head to port them, there are not many machinists that port and polish this particular cylinder head. This is in contrast to say a small block chevy cylinder head that has been ported and polished by many machinists and the tips and tricks have all been documented. This is all my personal speculation.
Thank you. I see you ran 9.93 with your TTA (awesome). Did you port your heads?

Lsttype

I'm rebuilding the motor. I'm thinking of doing a stroker. Turbo will be a 6262 on E85. I'd like the compression to be around 9/1. I want to to be 10.70s and maybe a 10.50 at higher boost.

I was just saying that more TT and GN cylinder heads have been ported than Turbo Trans am cylinder heads because of the huge number of TT and GN cars vs the extremely small number of TTA cars. I am comparing the physical number of heads ported, not the flow rates or performance of the heads.
You must have gotten confused from my sloppy grammar I can see how you would be mistaken.

Luke, don't go crazy porting the heads... just do some gasket matching and some bowl work... less is more unless you know wha tyou're doing.

Top Bottom