What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

What is it worth?

kyle11863

New Member
Hi, I'm new here, but hoping to join the club real soon. I was looking at buying a TTA off of ebay but the more I learn about this car, the less I know what it's worth or whether I want to even own it. Its an TTop leather car with a little less than 70K miles. The things that make this difficult for me are the facts it is located in Hawaii (I'm in California) and that it doesn't run! :mad: I don't mind shipping it to me but I'm worried about it not running.

The guy who's selling it is either the brother or the son of the owner (having a hard time telling if the mom owns it or the brother) but he says the mom was driving it and the "fuel controller" went out. Not sure if he is referring to the fuel regulator or the fuel sending unit. After this went out the car sat for 2-3 years and the battery also died. I'm not worried about the battery so much but everything else concerns me.

My main question is what is it worth if you were in my situation? Are either of those fuel components difficult to replace? Would you actually go through the trouble to get this car? TIA
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
 
I asked him and he said it was diagnosed as the "controller", not the pump. I've never had to do much work to a fuel system so I have no clue how to replace any of that stuff. What do you think it would be worth @instro84?
 
hmm no controller that i know of for fuel pump unless he means the ecm. depends on the condition of the rest of the car and what else it needs, what's he asking?
 
He wanted 7500 for it. Rest of the car seems pretty clean but hard to tell how the undercarriage is. Being in Hawaii, rust is a concern. I don’t think that’s a good price for a not running car though, Especially considering where it’s at
 
The auction ended a while ago, it maxed out at 9200 but there was no mention of the fact it didn’t run or anything. All of the description had was a small exert from a article on the TTA. Very few pictures as well
 
check the ad's here and on turbobuick.com they come up for sale there's a guys on there now that wants to trade one for a gn, depends on what you wanna spend
 
I Don’t have a big budget. Normally one of these cars would be out of reach for me, but this one seem like a perfect fit until I found out it didn’t run.
 
the lowest i've seen for a running drivable car was about 12k but that was awhile ago, whats your budget
 
15,000 would be my absolute limit, but that’s stretching it pretty thin. I wouldn’t mind getting this one if I could get it for a reasonable price. I just don’t know if what I think is reasonable actually is
 
I would look for another car. Just too much of a gamble here. You are paying for something you don't know enough about,
 
Back
Top