Im still unsure size of turbo, lets say you can make ported stock heads 500rwhp so why you need like 6262 or bigger? 5858 is good for that power, so what are the advantages, disadvantages 6262 vs 5858?
Ok. i have done lots of reading for this issue. So correct if im wrong. 5858B is like te60 but spooling earlier so it make similar power in hole rpm range but earlier. 6262b is spooling like te60 but makes more power in hole rpm range and needs heads/cam/cooler to do so. Of course you need 3" dp to do all this and heads are flowing that 500rwhp.I think you can make over 500 on ported an polished heads
Ok. i have done lots of reading for this issue. So correct if im wrong. 5858B is like te60 but spooling earlier so it make similar power in hole rpm range but earlier. 6262b is spooling like te60 but makes more power in hole rpm range and needs heads/cam/cooler to do so. Of course you need 3" dp to do all this and heads are flowing that 500rwhp.
5858 vs 6262:
5858 is spooling ~1000rpm earlier and that rpm makes more power but when 6262 starts spooling lets say 3000rpm its need maybe 500rpm more to start make more power than 5858.
spray it lolI don't think my combo will go nines.... My heads are likely maxed out as well as my turbo 6766, even with a 1.4 sixty foot I think I'll only be low to mid tens
+alcohol:WOOT:spray it lol
Since ball bearing turbos are available, I'd go like a 61mm or a 6266 or something there about.
FYI
I run a CPT BB 61 from Cotton's. I run a NL 2800 convertor with no lag.
Spools great even through stock muffler, which I'm still using. ( I have an elec cutout when racing), my motor has never been opened so, all stock internals, with 3" DP and alky inj., 60# injectors and matcning chip from turbotweak.
Try a look here or call and talk to Jack Cotton:
http://www.cottonsperformance.com/products.asp?cat=95
@ rat fink ! How fast is your car in the 1/4? Mine is all stock and the only thing on the motor I want to change is valve springs. I'm not getting crazy ! Well thats what I say now. LMAO Thanks
60+ mm BB turbos spool just as well.
