What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

spraying alot of Alky with a rjc plate

tta299

White Car Fever
As the title reads I had been spraying alot of alky with a power plate. when i took the plenum off i noticed the back cylinders in the intake were alot cleaner than the front ones. this leads me to think the plate a restriction when using alot of alky ? Or the back cylinders getting more because of the bend the air an alky have to make ? Im going back with a gn1 spacer an ditching the plate for now. Spare engine has already been through with bearings an rings roller cam and dls front cover an oil pump wich is a very trick peice ... u can adjust oil pressure from the outside of the cover
 
Red told me it was a restrictor plate... he mentioned his experience on a high horsepower application.

I took mine off when I upgraded the TB/Plenum.
 
I remember reading something about an issue that can occur if the back wall of the plenum in modified.. Did you smooth out the back wall?

Of topic, are you using a different up pipe? My 3" up pipe/PTE 70mm plenum (no spacer) touched the hood a tad. How the hell is the gn1 spacer/aftermarket plenum not making your up pipe hit the hood? I will start a different thread if you want.lol
 
I remember reading something about an issue that can occur if the back wall of the plenum in modified.. Did you smooth out the back wall?

Of topic, are you using a different up pipe? My 3" up pipe/PTE 70mm plenum (no spacer) touched the hood a tad. How the hell is the gn1 spacer/aftermarket plenum not making your up pipe hit the hood? I will start a different thread if you want.lol

I'm runing a accufab plenum and 70mm tb on the tta with a big gn1 spacer no issues but I have a custom 3 inch up pipe from my front mount
 
Julio would be a great person to ask about this experience with the plate and alky. I remember reading somewhere that Julio took out the plate.
 
I wrote up something on another thread, but in theory the plate only works to re-distribute air evenly only if all the valves were open all at once. The way he marketed the plate in person at events was to have you put your hand under a manifold, with and then without the plate and then blow air through the plenum with a leaf blower (of all things). By the feel of air flow it seemed it did redistribute the air evenly. But, there was no valves and cylinders and motor hooked up to the test manifold....blah blah, the realy fast guys don't use them. I'm taking mine off when I get time to do it.
 
Julio would be a great person to ask about this experience with the plate and alky. I remember reading somewhere that Julio took out the plate.


I have julios personal gn1 plate plenum an tb and up pipe .... no rjc plate was on it ... But Grumpys 9 sec pass with 93 and alky had a plate so what gives ?
 
I have julios personal gn1 plate plenum an tb and up pipe .... no rjc plate was on it ... But Grumpys 9 sec pass with 93 and alky had a plate so what gives ?

lol I here ya. Grumpy likes the plates and is always breakin balls when the topic is brought up. He's a real funny guy.

Nice stuff.. from Julio. You know those components are proven. You lucky...:dirol:

Good luck!
 
julio helped me out alot hes a very nice guy his billet pts trans also an front mount and custom chromolly rollbars not installed yet that grumpy brought to me ... and I got the 9 inch out of grumpys stage 2 tta hes a cool guy also ..... i got my lakewood drag strust installed today an looked for u an yes it has a mark on the under hood insulation
 
tta299;40773i got my lakewood drag strust installed today an looked for u an yes it has a mark on the under hood insulation[/QUOTE said:
No biggy... just a little spot... It fixed itself after 2 or 3 closes.lol Then I touched it up.
 
Back
Top