Hi-I am new to this site and would like to introduce myself. I am trying to assist the Indy Speedway Museum establish a comprehensive database of all the Indy 500 cars: the actual Pace Cars (often from 1-4 cars), the Festival/Parade Cars used during Festival Week and assigned to the track (usually around 100-200) and the Pace Car Replicas-those cars sold through the dealer network that resemble the actual Pace Cars (and these are not offered every year). I have completed most years from 2000-2018 (and have the 2019 info) and have completed the 1992 race paced by 92 and 93 Allantes. (Results can be seen here: Log into Facebook | Facebook), 93 Camaro, 94 Cobra and Mustang GT (Log into Facebook | Facebook) 95 and 98 Corvette, 97 Aurora, and have found almost all the 96 Dodge Rams, all 96 Vipers, but not one single 1996 Avenger (the actual Festival Car). Having a hard time finding any of the 1991 Stealth Festival Cars, and have a large number of 1990 Berettas/Corvettes/91 Camaros from the 1990 race but still missing some. So now I am working on 1989.
It appears a lot of the links for data bring on a "404" code-not found. Are these documents somewhere that can be accessed? Is there a Dealer List that is matched to the cars? Is there a database of RPO codes for each car? Was there a backup of the "PAS" site that is referenced for a lot of info? Is there a list of the people assigned one of the 150 cars used at Indy? I have the complete Indy list of all the cars-to include Sunbirds, Safaris, etc-but it is handwritten and I cannot decipher a few of the names. (It does have the VIN # and the assigned driver together). Is there any actual documentation that the race winer received one of the three actual Pace Cars, or was he given a Festival Car?
I also have the complete 17 digit VIN list of all 1555 cars, sorted by the last 6 of the VIN. Is there a list of Build Dates for the actual car? I also have a current AutoCheck/CarFax for each of the 153 Festival Cars. As always, when the project is complete it will be shared for all. Thanks for any and all help.
It appears a lot of the links for data bring on a "404" code-not found. Are these documents somewhere that can be accessed? Is there a Dealer List that is matched to the cars? Is there a database of RPO codes for each car? Was there a backup of the "PAS" site that is referenced for a lot of info? Is there a list of the people assigned one of the 150 cars used at Indy? I have the complete Indy list of all the cars-to include Sunbirds, Safaris, etc-but it is handwritten and I cannot decipher a few of the names. (It does have the VIN # and the assigned driver together). Is there any actual documentation that the race winer received one of the three actual Pace Cars, or was he given a Festival Car?
I also have the complete 17 digit VIN list of all 1555 cars, sorted by the last 6 of the VIN. Is there a list of Build Dates for the actual car? I also have a current AutoCheck/CarFax for each of the 153 Festival Cars. As always, when the project is complete it will be shared for all. Thanks for any and all help.
