What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Hi I'm the new guy!

aclarke77

Active Member
Hello All- Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Aaron Clarke and I live in the Harrisburg area. I recently purchased TTA #8! It is a cloth interior festival car and only has 29k miles! It still has the gator-backs on the REAR! This car has never been abused and is near mint condition. Just needs a few things including:


Rear Wing
New Tires (obviously, keeping the gator backs though!)
Wastegate hose assembly (ordered from g-body parts yesterday)
several stone chips repaired
one small ding in hood repaired
engine bay detail

Needless to say I am very excited about this car! I will post more pics as I progress with the fixes!

Cheers!

Aaron
 
Welcome "new guy" Aaron. The TTA looks great. Rear spoiler is a common problem, even on lower mile cars. There is lots of info on here about the replacement of them.
 
Welcome to the jungle, hope you enjoy your TTA, lots of good help on this forum!

A note on replacing the wastegate hose assy. If your have the "Y" from your old hose use it, because the new one you are getting has the wrong size orifice in it, it is for a GN. The GN's had a .050 in dia. orifice, and the TTA had a .040 in dia. orifice. Using the GN orifice will cause you to have low boost.

That is a nice looking TTA, I am just trying to help, but someone mounted the fender TURBO EMBLEMs pretty high, it really shows in the driver side picture. One of mine were mounted crooked and I had to change that on mine.:beach:
 
According to the former owner, who was the original owner, a retired GM assembly line worker, that is how the car came... With the emblems higher. I've seen pics of some other festival cars with the emblems mounted higher.
 
Hey new guy welcome to the world of fast Trans Am's! :D Nice to meet you in Carilse for the GM event. Shame you didn't have your new toy for GM Carisle! I'll have to wait till next year to see it in person! :) Any questions just ask away! No question is too dumb we answer them all! Big performance difference from your 86 T/A? :burnrubber:
 
Congrats on a really nice festival car, and welcome to the world of the TTA !!

We are a pretty nice bunch on here and happy to help and share as much as we can, so any questions just let us know!

I'm sure you already found these threads but if not some good reading for you as well as downloads you can print:

Info about the 1989 cars used at Indy - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Festival Cars GM Emplyee Purshase Scheme - a story from a GM employee! - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Driver Side Visor Instruction Sheet (Festival Cars Only) Reproduction! - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Flag Lot and Garage Area Tickets Repro .... - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Festival Numbering - Sticker on Windshield - Turbo Trans Am Forum
 
Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on #8 awesome to have such a low number!!
I am curious as well to why the turbo emblem is mounted so high. Who put the emblems on festival cars?

Enjoy it!!
 
For the emblem side of things, I think the reason might be that when the cars came back from Indy and were in storage before sold many emblems were stolen and later put back on by the "selling" dealer .. this might explain why they are in odd locations; this is also the reason some festival TTA's most likely ended up with the regular black/gold tail light filler panel emblem instead of the white/gold one ...

Tom mention this in his post from when he got his festival car:
Festival Cars GM Emplyee Purshase Scheme - a story from a GM employee! - Turbo Trans Am Forum
 
Congrats!!!

Any chance was this car in CT? If so I was going to look at that one a couple of months back! Nice choice and good luck!
 
Sweet ride,low miles,nice..Im new too!
Spohn makes a fiberglass replica wing, lighter weight and wont loose its shape,Im gona get that one,had one on a GTA it was very good fit and quality
 
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

CLASSYGTA: no, the car lived in Maryland it's entire life (except for its brief stint in Indy!)

CHADSTTA: thanks for the info on Spohns! I never knew they even existed and they are probably only about an hour away from me! That is totally where I am going to buy the rear wing!
 
Back
Top