What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Anyone Going To Be At Barret-jackson In Scottsdale This Week?

2QUIK6

Well-Known Member
Just curious if anyone on here is going this week? I will be there Thursday through Saturday with 5 other of my Turbo Buick or former Turbo Buick buds, just looking and having some cold suds!
No TTAs listed, but there is a GNX with only a few hundred miles on it, lot#1281 on Saturday.
A GN or 2 earlier in the week.
A 7 mile 10th Annv TA, lot# 763.1 on Thursday, original owner is selling!
400 mile Cyclone, lot#952 on Friday.
 
Will do, watch for a group of drunk guys behind Christie Lee out on the tents on TV :) I'll probably have a GN polo shirt on, lol
 
Holy cow, anyone see those 2 TAs that sold tonight, a '77 Black and Gold "Bandit" went for $75k, then a '80 Black and Gold turbo with 739 miles went for $100k!! These cars had thousands made in that black/gold combo, nothing special really!
 
Well, I made it up on stage and was with the 8 mile '79 10th Annv TA that sold for $170k!! Will post some pics later this week when I time time to transfer them all over. Was in the arena when the Smokey and the Bandit TA went across for $500k, the energy was incredible during both events.
This is so much more than just the auction, its the worlds largest car show, I highly recommend it for anyone interested in cars. I again had the time of my life and am looking forward to next year at Scottsdale.
Checked out the GNX, it had several questionable things with it so it only brought around $120k.
 
Here's some of the good pics, and of the TA's and turbo cars:
The $170k 8 mile '79 TA on stage:

Pic from TV, Jeff and I on stage right in front of the TA in the blue shirts, must have taken the above pic at almost the same time as the TV pic below:

The 300 mile GNX on stage:

Bandit and Buford with the Bandit TA:

Awesome pic of the front of the Salon tent, the 3 Vettes up front are a '54, '55, and '56 all are VIN#1 (Sold as a package deal to Rick Hendrick for $1.7M)

The '70 Vette built by George Barris for Farah Fawcett...it was hideous!

The interior of the vette

400 mile Cyclone, sold for $32k

All the guys that went with me and Christie Lee :)

Larry and Matt behind Dave Kendig from Bitchin' Rides

And the Gas Monkey HotWheels Vette, this thing was awesome!
 
Well she was not looking that good at the end but that poster around 1976 with the headlights on bright motivated me to get out of the bed everyday....:D
 
Wow that Farah vette is butt-ugly ... i can't find the words for it...:eek::eek:
And I didn't even show you the real ugly part :D Gotta love the Monza lights! This was found in a barn in south Texas, estimated to be sitting in the barn for about 30 years, my guess is it sit there the day after George delivered it to her cause she didn't want to drive it due to it's ugliness.
 
Awesome pictures, can't believe how well 2nd gens are starting to do. On my bucket list of things to do, how long did you go for?
 
I dunno Rob, IMHO that interior makes the Monza tail lights look pretty good o_O
That's a great comment about it never being driven...
now it's a celebrity owned/super-low mile/genuine George Barris Kustom/barn find - gotta be a sure-fire recipe for mega-buck$ :eek:
 
I was there Thursday through Saturday, did the same stay last year to see the Ron Pratte collection. It is so much more than just an auction, it's the world's largest car show with celebs and various other activities.
Here's a few pics I found online, google search "Farah Foxy Vette" and check out the images.
http://www.dailykeeper.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/farrah.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5149lunSkdL.jpg They must have changed the rims somewhere as the spokes are wider apart on the model box pic.
 
I just looked it up. That mess sold for 53,900.
Must be a lot of drinking going on at these auctions.
 
Must be a lot of drinking going on at these auctions.
There was for us, but we barely had money for beer at $6 a pop starting at 10am much less a hideous vette :)
Yeah, I think $49k was the selling price plus buyers fees at 10%....the site shows the total with the fees.
 
I'm still catching up on watching all the auctions. What did the gas monkey hotwheels Vette sell for? I can't believe the second gen prices. They made so darn many of them!

KID
 
I'm still catching up on watching all the auctions. What did the gas monkey hotwheels Vette sell for? I can't believe the second gen prices. They made so darn many of them!

KID
It went for about $112k, they were expecting $150k. It was an awesome looking machine and they did start it up and rev it a few times under the tents outside. One of the few cars that Gas Monkey actually built right and paid attention to detail on.
 
It went for about $112k, they were expecting $150k. It was an awesome looking machine and they did start it up and rev it a few times under the tents outside. One of the few cars that Gas Monkey actually built right and paid attention to detail on.

I finally got to see it roll through. I was wondering about the build quality of the Vette. I thought it may have been the reason for what seems like a decent deal. I really thought they did a great job of making a life size Hotwheel! I really expected it to bring a lot more. I see Richard bidding some big buck on a few cars.
KID
 
I think Richard bought the '77 Black/Gold Trans Am on that Wednesday night for $75k, it was just a couple of cars ahead of the $100k 700 mile '80 TA. Was going to ask him what he was planning to do with it but he never mingled around the crowd like Dave Kendig did.
 
Back
Top