kymmee
Silver Member
Went to the local pick n pull-havent been there is a while and was just wondering around. Came upon a 87 0r 88 Old Cutlass wagon "custom". It had the 3.8 V-6. Not sure if the valve covers are the same as the TTA-they look the same, but the driver side had a port drilled on the side. Jan??
Anyway the oil fill cap cover was identical and pulled the valve cover nuts and washers.
When I went to check out-before I could even realize what was happenening-the clerk smeared the oil cover cap with a paint pen. I'm like "what are you doing"? She says it has a warranty and they have to mark it(what?) I told her she is ruining it-so she trys to get off the permanent paint pen with some cleaner for battery terminals (?) and smears the hell out of the whole cap. I told her to keep it-she asked me what the big deal was-do you have a show car?? Hell yes, I do. I told her she just wasted a pretty hard to find part. Walked out of there thinking-what is wrong with people??
Anyway the oil fill cap cover was identical and pulled the valve cover nuts and washers.
When I went to check out-before I could even realize what was happenening-the clerk smeared the oil cover cap with a paint pen. I'm like "what are you doing"? She says it has a warranty and they have to mark it(what?) I told her she is ruining it-so she trys to get off the permanent paint pen with some cleaner for battery terminals (?) and smears the hell out of the whole cap. I told her to keep it-she asked me what the big deal was-do you have a show car?? Hell yes, I do. I told her she just wasted a pretty hard to find part. Walked out of there thinking-what is wrong with people??
