What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

59 mile TTA

Gnron

Member
Anybody want to give me the value of a 59 mile TTA? Asking for a friend. MSO. Hasn’t been started in 5 years. Thanks.
 
As much as I want the value to be north of $65,000, I can't see it happening.
My estimate would be $50,000 also like South bay surfer.
 
Unfortunately it isn't a GN or it would easily fetch $65K. I hope they get what they are asking for. The TTA is slowly creeping up in notoriety and value, so who knows. Have your friend hold out and it will help values increase. :)
 
I never could understand why the TTA wasn’t more valuable than the GN’s. 1,555 vs 30,000! Really?
 
Gnron that is exactly why the TTA is less valuable. The low production numbers made the car unkown to most people so now thirty years later when people see the TTA they don't know what it is. When people see a GN they recognize it and have a memory of some one or some event with that car, which makes them fond of the car and want to pay money for it. That is my understanding of why the values are they way they are. Regardless I think TTA is a far cooler car than a GN. My uncle and cousin have had GN's and I have been around them but they just don't seem as sleek or cool as a TTA.
 
Gnron that is exactly why the TTA is less valuable. The low production numbers made the car unkown to most people so now thirty years later when people see the TTA they don't know what it is. When people see a GN they recognize it and have a memory of some one or some event with that car, which makes them fond of the car and want to pay money for it. That is my understanding of why the values are they way they are. Regardless I think TTA is a far cooler car than a GN. My uncle and cousin have had GN's and I have been around them but they just don't seem as sleek or cool as a TTA.
That’s understandable. I’m a former GN owner but always thought the TTA’s were even more of a sleeper because nobody knew what they were! Lol
 
There’s a lot of truth the the value being based on popularity of the GN. When I drive mine everyone knows what it is. Not so with the TTA. I’d say that three out of every ten people looking at the TTA know what it is. That said I recall quite vividly when they were new there being bigotry one way or the other in that the Pontiac guys didn’t like the Buick drivetrain. The Buick guys didn’t like the TA (very different cars). The Trans Am guys didn’t like the V6. Anyway I love them both and I kind of like the way the TTA flys under the radar. My wife can’t understand the mass appeal of the GN. She loves ours but laughs when we pull into a lot with ten GN’s. Happens a lot around here. KID
 
Back
Top