What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Valve covers & plenum

Ringo

Active Member
Hi, I'm looking for a set of valve covers, intake plenum, and also the plenum that the throttle body bolts too.

Thanks,
 
Thanks for thinking of me Matt but I only have the passenger's side valve cover left. I think I have two of them actually.
 
Has anyone given any thought to boring holes in the passenger side valve covers to be able to install breathers? Are there any members knowledgeable in metals that can opine if this is possible?

Thanks.
 
Has anyone given any thought to boring holes in the passenger side valve covers to be able to install breathers? Are there any members knowledgeable in metals that can opine if this is possible?

Thanks.

people have bought two drivers side and used one on the passenger side since they're symmetric I believe. The problem with just drilling a hole is you don't have the splash guard between the valvetrain and breather hole to keep oil from just being slung out onto the filter.
 
people have bought two drivers side and used one on the passenger side since they're symmetric I believe. The problem with just drilling a hole is you don't have the splash guard between the valvetrain and breather hole to keep oil from just being slung out onto the filter.

Yeah. I'm good on using the DS valve cover, just hard to come by a spare one I am sure.

Good point on the splash guard, didn't think of that. Oh well. Guess I have to search for the DS cover or try to get my hands on the Buick 3.8 Liter FWD front cover.

Thanks.
Rob.
 
Has anyone given any thought to boring holes in the passenger side valve covers to be able to install breathers? Are there any members knowledgeable in metals that can opine if this is possible?

Thanks.

I did, drilled a hole using a hole saw with a center drill bit ... cut a hole just like on the driver side valve cover (so symetricly if you like) and put the same rubber elbow with a small K&N on there as I have on the driver side. Works fine and no leaks.

I'm running roller rockers so had to cut that baffle/shield on the driver side valve cover for clearence and see no oil coming out of any of the breather holes I have.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0023.jpg
    PICT0023.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 19
  • PICT0026.jpg
    PICT0026.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0041.jpg
    PICT0041.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back
Top