What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Ownerskit on ebay ... $1626 and reserve not met ...

Sure is ! I tried getting the last 2 that were on eBay ,wasn't that lucky!
The value of the Tta seems to b going down but the owners kits r going up!
Go figure.
 
Sure is ! I tried getting the last 2 that were on eBay ,wasn't that lucky!
The value of the Tta seems to b going down but the owners kits r going up!
Go figure.
And yet people will howl at the moon over the cost of seat cover's, rear spoiler, maint. ect, then spend 2k for a cardboard box, keep your eye's peeled over the next few month's cause' if mine show's up for sale it will be for what i think it's worth...$250 (thats two hundred fifty dollars)
 
BTW, i do understand what drive's these price's, people have alot of money in these car's, come time to sell they get beat-up on the price and decide to keep the owners kit, then it sell's for 5-times what it's worth and the seller gets to laugh all the way to the bank, so good for them. But you still have to wonder WTF...
 
BTW, i do understand what drive's these price's, people have alot of money in these car's, come time to sell they get beat-up on the price and decide to keep the owners kit, then it sell's for 5-times what it's worth and the seller gets to laugh all the way to the bank, so good for them. But you still have to wonder WTF...

That is a really good point-make up for the loss on the car with the owners kit. Glad when I bought my car the kit came with it. For me it was important to get the kit. Seller didnt use it as leverage. But that was then.
 
When i sold my ttop car, i was very clear that my pricing was very firm, and folks would still offer way less..one guy kept hounding me saying the car was only worth $2k less than my price...told him if that was all the money he could borrow then i would keep the owners kit and all the other items that were not specific to the vin or that car....he didnt want to do that. Several others said they wanted everything, in the end the I got very close to asking price to a different buyer and everything went with the car which i would have preferred in the first place.
 
I agree with 2QIK6 that everything should stay with the car, imagine the drama if they had put some kind of serial# on the box...I noticed there is a 10k mile tta on e-bay now from GA. that's a one owner car (look's like #732) it's at a consignment dealer that took alot of detailed pic's but no mention of a owner's kit, since it's a one owner maybe they decided to keep it as a memento? Also got to wonder how many that somehow didn't make it to the car when new...
 
I can remember getting my original collector kit in the mail from Pontiac back in 89. I didn't think any of it to keep it in tack, to me it was just another really cool part of the car. I immediately used the key chain, and listened to the tape in the car with all my friends. Used the black leather supplemental owners manual case for the the manual in the car. The only reason I kept the box was to keep the papers and decals in it as everything else I used. After about a year, I decided to put the decals on and I can remember throwing the box away when I went into the Navy and moved and didn't need it because there was nothing really left in in. DAHHHHH...

I sold my kit after selling #613 to help recoup some of the cost lost in the sale. TTA #1040 is so modified and not a museum piece so I figured someone out there had a true collector TTA and needed the collector kit to make it complete... I guessed right on that and not on the value of the car. Bitter sweet to say the least.

Jan told me too that the first couple of years, you could actually order replacement owners kits for about $60 from GM. I wonder how many of those extra kits are out there still waiting for the right time to be sold.
 
I could only have dreamed of owning a $30,000 car when I was 18 ,not to mention one that was hard to come by! All I could scrounge up was 13k for a mustang gt and I thought I was hot sh--t ! Used up most of my savings bonds also. I'm jealous , by the way thanks for the tip on that kit from texas
 
Well, I was young and dumb... and not the kind of luck you wish for...my mother was killed in an accident during surgery when I was 6 years old, so the malpractice suit put some money away in a trust that I received and proceeded to blow so my dad didn't blow it for me at 18........ If only I could go back and stop my mom from going into the hospital that day... I can still remember holding onto her leg and crying as she dragged me to the door when she left that morning.... I would trade anything for more days with her than I had...

It sounds like you were able to work out a deal for the kit... that is awesome... it is now with someone who truly values it and these cars...:thumbup:
 
Back
Top