What's going on 2020?

kidsixpack

Silver Member
We all know it's been a horrible year! What's new in your car world? Working on anything interesting? Any interesting purchases?
I wanted to liven the General chat (pretty dead) a bit.
My car season was awful! Other than the 8 week shutdown for Covid we've been on 7 days. Woodward was a bust.
If nothing else just post a pic!
KID

DynoDave

Yeah, it was a pretty quiet season in 2020. We did make it to a couple of cruise night at Culvers in Lake Orion. Made it out to Woodward once or twice on a Saturday night. And our Pontiac club did make it to a small town cruise night, and had its fall color tour.

I was supposed ot get the Cordoba back up and running / moveable, so I could put it in the back garage (no power / light / heat), and get the T/A in the front garage so I could work on it this winter. But, those plans never got done. So if I tinker with anything over the winter, it will be the Chrysler.

T/A on the color tour.

kidsixpack

Silver Member
Great pics! We used to do an annual fall Color tour with a big Mopar group! It was absolutely fantastic every time. The guy that organized it really paid attention to detail. Two lane black tops no freeways, reservations for lunch and always made sure there was adequate parking for the hot rods. He put a lot of work into it. I have a Lotta great pictures from those cruises but nothing on my phone.
KID

kidsixpack

Silver Member
One pic on my phone. My youngest daughter at 12 or so. My 70 bee 383 4spd a black on black 4spd 71 340 bee and 69 chargerR/T. There were 16 cars if I recall correctly. Parked inches away from a cow pie.
KID 5C2CDD6E-D795-48A1-9002-93FC981CA4E1.jpeg

kidsixpack

Silver Member
I made it to Woodward on Wednesday and Friday. Bailed on Saturday for the first time since it started. Heard that Saturday was actually pretty good.
KID

1bad89

Hello all, just checking in after about a year on this site. Looks like it's still good considering this covid-19 crap. Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Yeah my last car show was in October of 2019 in the town of garden city, mi. Nothing going on except really small car hangouts around Farmington. Totally miss the Hines drive event, but at least I checked out the Woodward cruise on Saturday with my son. There were quite a few cars cruising and some people on the sides. Well at least we had fun considering the covid scene. A couple pics from the past anyway. IMG_20191012_150028.jpg

Attachments

kidsixpack

Silver Member
1bad89. Is your name Dave? If so I see you at a lot of the metro Detroit gatherings? I missed Hines the most! A pic of my TTA at Hines a couple years ago. Oh and my buddies W-30. 09D7E795-BB9A-4CA2-8591-A3AD5E9445A3.jpeg
KID

1bad89

Yep, that's me. So cool you remember. I remember you had a few bad ass rides. Can't remember what they all were but they sure looked like show quality. Good to hear from you. I saw this at the Woodward cruise last year, thought it looked cool. Never know what your going to see. IMG_18251.jpg

1bad89

Wow, nice, especially for a to and from work. Twin turbo, I've been reading about some new cars out right now. The 2020 mustang has around 780hp. It raced a hell cat and they were neck and neck. Your ride looks sweet. Enjoy!

I’ve really been thinking about a newer hot rod. Today’s cars are incredible! Had the opportunity to trade up from my 69 bee to a 18 demon. I almost posted to get opinions on a couple of sites that I frequent but made the decision to stick with old school for now! All by myself I did!
KID

DynoDave

Thanks, those were two of my favorite photos. We drove to a lakeside park in Lexington for an outdoor club meeting. It was fun. Had 16 or 17 cars.

What mopar group do you belong to?

Garden City...my wife's home town. In-laws still live there.

After years of hearing about Hines Park, we finally took the T/A through there year before last. Great fun! I have two old friends from work that I've been tryign to get to meet me there for years, but co-ordinating that has been tough. Sucked that it was cancelled this year. If there's ever a layout for a cruise that is covid friendly, I would have thought that was it. Maybe we'll all have to meet up there next year.

I was a founding member of DAMM club but that was 20 years ago. The group that did the fall cruise for years was primarily from the east side. Hines is the best!
KID

1bad89

I seen your 69 bee with the hood open and I would love to have a car like that. Hang on to it. I like these fast sleek looking new cars but it just doesn't compare to the old school. Here's my 72 Ventura. It's gone now but the memories are still there. Kinda sad....

Attachments

1bad89

But I had some damn good races down telegraph. Sounds like we're all from the same generation and somewhat local to each other. Detroit Rock City !!

Mark T-TB

Car Crazy from birth
I think that I made it to 2 small/local "events" this year... pretty much everything was cancelled due to COVID - or I had conflicts/issues/work travel. I slipped in some joyrides here and there, but 2020 was definitely not the fun summer that a car guy would like.

Top Bottom