Upper Radiator Hose

Need an upper radiator hose. Are these commercially available anywhere? If, so manufacturer and part number.
Otherwise if anyone has one or knows where to find them online, please let me know.
For an '89 TTA (in case there was any doubt)
[email protected]
Thanks!

8289ta

Silver Member
Gates 22957 upper hose is listed on Rockauto for a 1989 Trans Am Gta SE with 3.8 turbo. It sells for 13 and change. There is no lower hose listed.

TTOP350

I have heard the GN hoses will work but are a tad long. A friend of mine has a F-body rad in his GN, said it dropped right in w no issues.

fbody4me

Hi TTOP350. I do have an extra Gates 22957 new upper rad hose for our TTA's I would part with but I think your better off going to your local Autozone and ordering the Dayco hoses for the 1987 Grand National. The upper hose is 71755 for $11.99 and the lower hose is 71756 for $11.99.

I have personally used the lower hose (71756) on my TTA and it fit great after trimming a little from both ends. I also just now compared the new upper Gates hose with the hose thats on my 1987 T-Type and they looked identical. Same bends, diameter and length.

TTOP350

Well, ordered the dayco 71755 / 71756 and they crossed them to gates numbers because that's what I got, looks like the lower may work but the upper doesn't have the correct bends to clear the turbo inlet and IC up pipe tubing.
The upper they gave me is 21189 instead of the 22957

Last edited:

fbody4me

Looks like the upper hose (21189) that they sold you is for a V6 Regal without the turbo. Totally different hose. I am pretty sure you are not going to find a molded Gates upper hose for the TTA(22957) or the upper molded hose for a GN because all that Gates list for the GN is a generic flexible hose. I think the only upper hose available is the Dayco 71755.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I do remember getting some upper radiator hoses way before he TTA ones where Available again and the uppers where a pretty close fit (I had two new spares but might have got rid of them when the TTA ones came out have to look one of these days. The lower hose I also got something but I never found it to be a good fit and bends where not even close to the OEM TTA version but could be wrong ....

I have to see what I have spare in storage.

TTOP350

Yes, please do, I can't seem to get one from any store. They keep crossing the number over to a 86 V6 g-body without a turbo.
I have tried a couple online places but hard for me to call during the correct hrs and I think their E-mail isn't checked at all.

fbody4me

I do have a new gates upper hose if you want it. Just thought it would be easier for you to pick one up locally. Just let me know, would be glad to help you out.

fbody4me

Hi Tony. Pm me your address or txt it to me if you still have my number. I will send it out first thing tomorrow.

Also for future use you might want to try Rockauto.com. That site is great for looking up parts and part numbers. Their prices are always lower than the local part stores too.

Top Bottom