UPDATED Oct 4th 2013 - TTA Vin List - Excel and PDF format

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
All,

Thanks to a handful of members on this forum we have entered all the details for the 1555 TTAs into one single Excel Spreadsheet to make it easier to search, sort and do any type of analysis. When other information like the dealer codes, engine numbers or whatever info will become avalible this can then all be interlinked helping with any type of research.

Even if all these pages been proof read and every effort been made to minimize any errors, remember we can not garantee that no minor mistakes been overlookd (manual entry of this much info is prone to some errors) and the original scanned VIN list as published on PAS, Inc | PAS, INC Past, Present, and Future of Innovation and Performance. should always ben considered the original and only true reference.

If you spot any errors in the list please send me a PM directly and I will make an updated list avalible.

The Excel file is posted in the Excel 97-2003 file format in the attached zip file.

The PDF document is a regular PDF file fully searchable.

I will not be in a position to generate any other file formats besides what been posted due to time this will take me, sorry about that.

UPDATED Oct 4th 2013
This update includes the following updates:
1. Columns added for roof and interior options; were known and confirmed I included this information however when we do get the production documents for this all 1550 will have this information included.
2. Festival Car / Indy Car Numbers added; I now have the original sign out sheets for Festival/Indy Car number 85-and up (note 86 is missing unfortunately) and I've added these numbers as well. These are from the actual sign-out sheets used by Pontiac so are as accurate as they gone get. I will post in another thread how to get hold of yours if you own a festival car listed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Re: TTA Vin List - Excel and PDF format

You will note a couple of differences from the original (and the master) VIN list on PAS, Inc | PAS, INC Past, Present, and Future of Innovation and Performance ...

1. the serial numbers only list the last 6 digits
2. the last column have the VIN Sequence number for each VIN; some call it build number or similar, this is the number you would have got from PHS in the past
3. The comment column where the festival cars are noted are different, this list is correct to noting where the festival cars where shipped (1 of 3 dealers in IN) and where they were charged too; Pontiac Motor Div. so you will see not all first 150 where festival cars and also some early 1989 built cars where festival cars.
4. I noted down some of the early Hardtop cars as well as some of the first leather/t-top cars built ... if and when we get the dealer codes you will see some of these cars where sent to Pontiac Company Cars "division" as well as Pontiac PR Car or Show Car division.
5. One interesting car is no 18; hardtop/leather sent to the B.O.C Group in Flint MI .. this is the Buick-Oldsmobile-Cadillac Powertrain Group ... not sure what they used the car for.
6. the ASC Convertible ordered to be sent directly to ASC for conversion is also noted in the list. This one was ordered for conversion by the dealer hence billed to the dealer but shipped to the dealer ASC used for the Van Nuys factory dropships.

Last edited:

TTA 1077

Now all we need is someone with carfax so we can locate some of these beasts.:yes:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Now all we need is someone with carfax so we can locate some of these beasts.:yes:
What you need is someone with plenty of time on his/her hands :)

I got my database with a lot of owner info ... however I need to merge the two to make sure the VIN numbers are 100% correct then figure out what I do with it all :) Thinking a list with just the VIN sequence number, milage and location or something along those lines ...

As I have said before I will help with.anything I can do to have all these documents available to us that love these cars. Scott - plesse let us take whatever work we can off you.I totally understand back pain And you have a bunch of people who are vitally interested in helping. Let us!!!!
Regards
Lynn

Scott and Jan...you guys deserve much more credit than you may perceive!! What you guys have done by creating the PAS site (Scott), and adding tons of valuable history this site (Jan) is far beyond the capability of most of us! The history of these cars is one of the most interesting I've experienced (not only because I own one :).
So thanks for all of your endeavors in helping keep this as one of my favorite online places to be!

Mike Arrigo

Love It! It was very nice of Scott to share this information with each and everyone of us TTA enthusiasts. We love knowing as much as we can about each and everyone of our beloved cars. I can't wait for Scott to share any more of his valuable information in regards to each of our cars that he may remember or have filed away somewhere in his stash of records. :worthy: I also, want to thank each and everyone of you who took the time to put the information into the spreadsheets. Thanks again Scott and everyone else and I look forward to learning more about my car as people post things in this forum. :clap: While I am at it, thanks also to Chris Kober for hosting this site. :dirol:

8289ta

Silver Member

Yep - I have to agree - this is great information for all of us and I feel privileged to have helped put it into Excel format. I would love to see some of the rest of the history that Scott has and I would be happy to help out again if the need arises. I think the documentation makes our cars unique. It's great that this info is there for all of us without having to pay for it.:thumbup:

yeah guys thisinfo is great. I now know that my first TTA is 366 not 365 like I had thought. Thanks to Scott, Jan, and all others involved.

Jarred

simo

Thanks for the effort of Scott providing all of the wonderful photo's, stories, VIN listing and for whatever becomes available in the near future.:clap:

Thanks for the effort of Jan on the things that he has taken his time on, build sheets, part number tags, etc. Thanks for organizing the members to enter the VIN data into the spreadsheets.:idea5:

Thanks for the effort of the members to take the time and do the spreadsheets.:thumbup:

Scott and Jan,

What as members can we do to help in anyway with the rest of the information to get it out to the TTA Owners and members of this board? :detective:

TTA984

Gold Member

Thank you Scott for helping with this much needed info. I can't think of another car that deserves anymore that the TTA. I am pleased to be a member of this elite group of TTA owners. Glad we have someone like Jan that takes much interest in the history of this car.

It would be great if more of the history info could be provided to us.

I enjoy helping with the Serial Vin Number list, with Jan and the other members.
Again thanks to Scott and all the others involved!!!

Last edited:

kymmee

Silver Member

A big TTA 'thank you" to Scott Kelly for providing us with information about the cars. I think everyone would agree that Scott has a great passion for these cars and enjoys sharing info and hearing stories about them.

A documentation "junkie" such as myself really appreciates digging deep into the cars history and facts.

Also thanks to everyone who worked on the VIN lists for all of us to view.:)

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Agree with you all and more than happy to continue to help and work with you all and Scott when new material is avalible for us all.

Invaluble for any of us no matter if you are interested in the history, restoring a car, just want to learn more, or build a sleeper that looks factory correct.

I can imagine the type of information, documents, manuals, photos, instructions etc that Scott will share with us moving forward ... and I know we will all take good care of it and we all will find any information helpful and of different value to us and the way we use our TTA's.

And thanks all for stepping up and helping out in one way or another!!

TTA 1077

To Jan and all who put time and effort into this project thank you very much. Scott especially you, thank you for all your time that you have given to us owners and fans on this forum, answering our PM’s and giving valuable technical advice. It couldn’t have come at a more opportune time as these cars approach their 25 year mark and begin the accent to becoming classics. We appreciate the documentation and historical literature more than you can imagine and anxiously await anything further you may have that will help us better understand our unique Trans Am’s. As always if there is anything we can do to help, just say the word.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Don't know if this will help or if you can add it to the list but #189 is a hardtop leather.
Thanks Miles, got that one !

Just waiting for Scott Kelly to provide the complete list of build details (hardtop, t-top, leather, cloth) for all of the 1550 TTAs and I will update the published list accordingly, got many of them but need to verify the list is 100% correct before we publish an update.

Oh and enjoy your rare nice hardtop !!!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member

Just ran across car 0154 at a show this weekend. 234791 vin. Guy bought it new from a dealer in 89 in south NJ and has owned it ever since. It's been a daily driver and left outside a lot of it's life. 40 some thousand original miles on it. T-Tops leather. It was bone bone stock down to the stock chip and plug wires. Just needs a resto. So add it to the pile Jan! :)

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Just ran across car 0154 at a show this weekend. 234791 vin. Guy bought it new from a dealer in 89 in south NJ and has owned it ever since. It's been a daily driver and left outside a lot of it's life. 40 some thousand original miles on it. T-Tops leather. It was bone bone stock down to the stock chip and plug wires. Just needs a resto. So add it to the pile Jan! :)
Got it, thanks Jim.

So still in NJ then? Sold @ Burns Pontiac in Marlton when new.

Any photos?

Excellent historical information. I was wondering what some of the various columns mean.

IDENT (Column 1;left most):
For the pilot cars the IDENT is sequential, however after that I am not sure. Must this then be independent of the VIN sequence number?

SHIP ZONE DLR:
I noticed that many of the cars on the list contains data (mainly the first few pages), whereas others do not.

Order numbers have identifiers of AK, SA, SB, SD followed by three numbers. What is to decipher from this information?

Model Column:
All are 2FS87. Just wondering what do we know from this...?

80 A? What does this mean exactly.?

Job Sequence:
....? PAS processing number?

REC Date:
I am guessing this is the day PAS received the car?

TGT DATE:
Is this the day PAS anticipated the car being ready for shipment?

Thanks for any information as I try to learn more about these cars. One day one will be mine. :yes:

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Excellent historical information. I was wondering what some of the various columns mean.

IDENT (Column 1;left most):
For the pilot cars the IDENT is sequential, however after that I am not sure. Must this then be independent of the VIN sequence number?

SHIP ZONE DLR:
I noticed that many of the cars on the list contains data (mainly the first few pages), whereas others do not.

Order numbers have identifiers of AK, SA, SB, SD followed by three numbers. What is to decipher from this information?

Model Column:
All are 2FS87. Just wondering what do we know from this...?

80 A? What does this mean exactly.?

Job Sequence:
....? PAS processing number?

REC Date:
I am guessing this is the day PAS received the car?

TGT DATE:
Is this the day PAS anticipated the car being ready for shipment?

Thanks for any information as I try to learn more about these cars. One day one will be mine. :yes:
Sure some interesting history and some unanswered questions still.

Note that all the above are GM Van Nuys assembly plant production details and not PAS details.

Most of the above Qs you can find answers to in this thread TTA Serial Numbers On-Line - PAS Inc Website - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Any outstanding questions let me know and I'll share what I know however would be great to get in touch with someone that worked at the Van Nuys plant that could shed some light on the overall process from when the order came in from the dealer until the car left the factory.

Top Bottom