TTA Underhood Insulators

michbc3

Agree. And since my car has some miles on it and others are out there with only 500 miles on them, I don't bother restoring my car for competitive "stock" shows. And obviously having seen people install Stage II blocks in their TTA, there is no sense competing in a modified show class either. Objectively, they've got a more interesting car. I'm just driving mine. As long as I have a clean looking, functional part/car, I'm happy. So I got what satisfied my need.

Even so, it's good to have a choice and I'm glad that Rich is out there to help other folks get what they (!) want. I'm definitely not knocking your products Rich. They look great.

kymmee

Silver Member
I really like the hood insulator that I got from Rich's company. I have had many compliments on it the last few shows I went too. A group of vette guys were drooling over it and I passed the company info their way, so I hope you got some orders from them. I dont care for a lot of chrome under the hood, so I think the insulator gives the engine bay a nice touch without being too much.

Kymmee, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would love to see some pictures of the hood insulator that you got from Rich's company installed on your car. I'm in the market for a new hood insulator myself and very intrigued by what Rich has to offer.

kymmee

Silver Member

8289ta

Silver Member
Kymmee - is that from Car Motorsports? I don't think Rich is with that company anymore. The insulator he is selling now looks different. The coating on the ones he has shown have a bumpy finish like bedliner for a pickup truck. Though he has said that there are other finishes available.

I invented the Embroidered Underhood Insulators, when I was an owner of CAR Motorsports. I still offer the same identical embroiderd underhood insulators as are offered at CAR Motorsports. My prices are much less. That said, I do not recommend that type of Custom Under Hood Insulator; even though I invented it. That was 10 years ago and I now have a much better and more approproate appearing Under Hood Insulator for all vehicles. No more issues with heat, sun reflective slicing, etc. I also provide a lifetime warranty on my custom coated under hood insulators. The appearance and easy of cleaning will blow you away. High Class Product.....

Rich
678-427-0017

Kymmee - is that from Car Motorsports? I don't think Rich is with that company anymore. The insulator he is selling now looks different. The coating on the ones he has shown have a bumpy finish like bedliner for a pickup truck. Though he has said that there are other finishes available.

kymmee

Silver Member
I was under the impression Rich still had owned the company. Somewhere I read that on another forum-probably old post or something. I guess you cant believe everything you read. Sorry for the mis info.

Regardless this is the insulator I bought and I like it, whether recommended or not. I guess if he invented it its gonna be okay. Its the one I am stuck with now, I wont be buying one of the new ones.

Once again my apologies, didnt intend to offend anyone.

Yes, I can provide you with the eleven (11) mounting clips you will need. Phone me direct to coordinate your purchase. You may have any design you would like.

All the best,

Rich
678-427-0017

My car is missing the hood insulator and all the clips to mount it. Does this company include the clips?

OK Fellow TTA Enthusiasts......

Attached you will find pictures of the TTA and GTA Under Hood Insulators patterns, exact dimensions as the OEM Insualtor. On those Insulators are the Emblems that I have ready to apply in any size and at any position on the insulator. You may have as many or as few as you desire. These emblems images were created using New OEM Emblems (not reproductions). The insulators I provide will be custom manufactured to the customer's design requirements. The insulator backgound color does not have to be black, it may be any color you desire. The isulator will be backed by a lifetime warranty against staining and discoloration. You can expect the insulator to look "as new" for as long as you own your vehicle. The cost of these insulators with Logo / Logos will range in price from $300 to $450. Free Shipping within the contiguous 48 states will be provided. Yes, you may have any car number designation or phrase applied; as you desire. You may also have an image of your choosing; ie. pictures of individuals or scenery. Really, you are only limited by your imagination.

I look forward to your calls.....

All the best,

Rich
678-427-0017

come up with what i think is a very cool design for a hood insulator,rich should have it done soon. it's bada$$ put some pics-up when it's done maybe tue or wed next week

Here is a picture of the hood liner that I purchased from Rich! It appears to be of the finest quality! I will not be installing it until after I finish the work I will be doing on the car this winter. However, when I get it installed, I will post more pictures!

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. So is it molded to the shape of the hood? Completly smooth gloss so can be cleaned easily?

How much did that one cost? Shipping?

Sorry i forgot to add that he gave me a diffrent price cause i was buying other thing's with it but it depends on what all you want on it; you can put anything you want including but not limited to your name.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry i forgot to add that he gave me a diffrent price cause i was buying other thing's with it but it depends on what all you want on it; you can put anything you want including but not limited to your name.
I was interested to see how much JHB's one ended up costing with the logos he got on there.

I saw the $450 price (well depending on logos) Rich posted so was interested to see what a "normal" one like JHB's turned out costing in the end.

Need some serious help. Purchased new hood insulator for a 1981 TTA (the Bandit Car) and have no friggin' ideal how to install it? The holes do not line up and there is a white sheet metal cover on the left side of the hood (looking from the front of the car). Does anyone have instructions that they can forward for installation? I have looked on google and youtube with no avail. Please HELP! Thanks

kymmee

Silver Member
Need some serious help. Purchased new hood insulator for a 1981 TTA (the Bandit Car) and have no friggin' ideal how to install it? The holes do not line up and there is a white sheet metal cover on the left side of the hood (looking from the front of the car). Does anyone have instructions that they can forward for installation? I have looked on google and youtube with no avail. Please HELP! Thanks
Your question may be answered better on Hitman's 2nd gen TA forum. I'm sure someone on there could help you.

http://www.78ta.com/HTAF/index.php

Top Bottom