TTA Power Antenna

DynoDave

Yes, it does look identical. I did not try to remove the antenae lead, so I don't know how that attaches to the mast, or if it is removable in our original design. The way you see it laying on the floor is the way I shipped it to the re-builder.

bkenion

Yes, it does look identical. I did not try to remove the antenae lead, so I don't know how that attaches to the mast, or if it is removable in our original design. The way you see it laying on the floor is the way I shipped it to the re-builder.
Who rebuilt it?

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Antenna cable is held in place by two screws on there; the new one pictured have the “peg” visible for where the antenna cable goes so you have to reuse yours.

DynoDave

I had a gentlemen named Barney Eaton rebuild mine. The plastic "cable" is a common failure point, and he replaces that with vinyl covered steel cable. I'll post photos of some old posts. Hopefully he is still with us, and still rebuilding these. Pricing may have changed over the years. He's an AACA member, an was focusing on his auto of choice (Buick Reatta), but the antennas are all the same mechanically.

While I did a BUNCH of side jobs while I had my T/A apart replacing the antenna, if you want to see some of what I did, it's covered in this thread on TGO.

My new 1988 T/A LINK

Top Bottom