TTA Hardtop "temporary registry"

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pulled the info I have ... only got the 14 of the 15 cloth hardtops in my list not sure why as I'm pretty sure I used to have all 15 of them ...

And only got 13 of the 24 leather hardtops.

Note I also included the hardtop/leather pilot car (no 5) in the list; if not sold already I know this one was up for sale last year.

When we get the complete list of trim combinations from Scott Kelly we can complete this list.

If you want to update your details or if you have details of a hardtop TTA not on the list already please send me a PM and I will update accordingly.

I did leave out owner details and the complete VIN for privacy reasons.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjFlcX-r1u5qdGZPV0xKaVpTc2Q0NkpvT1RBMWJZbUE&usp=sharing

TTA984

Gold Member
I also notice that a hardtop cloth was sold new here in Jacksonville, Fl. I have never heard anyone talk about a hardtop TTA around here!

Coltsfan1

Jan,

I just wanted to thank you for doing this, its interesting stuff. I also wanted to give you an update on hardtop car #189. Last six on serial num 235276. I just purchased this car approx 2 months ago and her new home is in Mendota Illinois.

Looking at the spreadsheet I'm shocked that there are so many in Illinois. Hope we all dont end up at the same car show.....LOL

Chad

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan,

I just wanted to thank you for doing this, its interesting stuff. I also wanted to give you an update on hardtop car #189. Last six on serial num 235276. I just purchased this car approx 2 months ago and her new home is in Mendota Illinois.

Looking at the spreadsheet I'm shocked that there are so many in Illinois. Hope we all dont end up at the same car show.....LOL

Chad
Thanks Chad, updated accordingly.

Is the mileage still valid?

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
All, let me know the current mileage of your HT's and I'll update the list with a date as well ... this way you can figure out who might have the lowest mileage TTA HT of them all lol.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
There is a TTA hardtop sitting in a field in NJ not to far from me. I'll try to get over there and see what the vin is. A doctor bought it new in 89 blew the engine up many many years ago and it just sits outside near a barn since. I think it's a hardtop leather car. Maybe that's the missing one!

Jarred you better keep those miles low on my hardtop you're holding for me! :thumbup:

There is a TTA hardtop sitting in a field in NJ not to far from me. I'll try to get over there and see what the vin is. A doctor bought it new in 89 blew the engine up many many years ago and it just sits outside near a barn since. I think it's a hardtop leather car. Maybe that's the missing one!

Jarred you better keep those miles low on my hardtop you're holding for me! :thumbup:
Well hell Jim, git on over there and check it out, inquiring mind's want to know...:D

Hah ha you got it Jim :thumbup: my hard top only sees the end of the circle at my place, that and the lift for service and storage...

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member

If you can get the VIN (and some photos maybe) would be great then tell him to put it up for sale so someone can rescue it :cry:

Mike Arrigo

Interesting conversation came up today while I was teaching my class today. We were talking cars and I showed a picture of Strobie. One student said "I used to have one of those!" I challenged him on whether he owned a GTA or a TTA and he confirmed it was a TTA, not only any TTA but a Hardtop Leather TTA back in 1996.

He said his dad bought it back around 94-95 sometime from New York he is pretty sure for around $8000. They lived in Tampa, FL and he drove the car for a while before totaling it. He said a motorcyclist rear ended him by sliding into the back of his TTA while he was driving with 2 other friends in the car. The motorcycle got wedged under neath the rear of the car and lifted the wheels off the ground. He lost control and hit a telephone pole right behind the drivers door and it crinkled the roof bad. The car had rear-end damage and quarter panel, frame and roof damage to the point that the insurance company totaled it.

He never even knew how rare of a car he owned until I informed him that there were only 24 ever made. He said he might have pictures of it and might also have the vin number once he returns back home in a few weeks after class is over.

Top Bottom