Totalled Tta

I bet that pole he hit ( or she ) didn't budge... either way it was a horrendous crash, or sudden stop. I don't know.. maybe a few good parts left.

I actually do accident reconstruction. From looking at that car (without seeing the scene) the driver's side looks like it came in contact with a curb (destroyed the rims) and then likely a concrete barrier (not high enough to get the mirror). It then hit a wooden utility pole (looks like wood in the hood). Crash speed was actually pretty low. Impact with the pole was less than 30mph. Unfortunately the engine and tranny have been displaced- so somewhere the driveline is badly bent up. The block and internals are probably ok, but the tranny, turbo, exhaust, external engine components are all probably toast. With on offset hit like that I doubt the car could ever be fixed. Looks like Driver hit the steering wheel, center of the dash and center of windshield as a result. No seatbelt. Good strip for some parts, but that's it.

kidsixpack

Silver Member
I actually do accident reconstruction. From looking at that car (without seeing the scene) the driver's side looks like it came in contact with a curb (destroyed the rims) and then likely a concrete barrier (not high enough to get the mirror). It then hit a wooden utility pole (looks like wood in the hood). Crash speed was actually pretty low. Impact with the pole was less than 30mph. Unfortunately the engine and tranny have been displaced- so somewhere the driveline is badly bent up. The block and internals are probably ok, but the tranny, turbo, exhaust, external engine components are all probably toast. With on offset hit like that I doubt the car could ever be fixed. Looks like Driver hit the steering wheel, center of the dash and center of windshield as a result. No seatbelt. Good strip for some parts, but that's it.
Very cool summation.
KID

Top Bottom