Thank You! To ALL who attended this weekends TTA reunion!

1tufam

Again, Jim Thanks for all your hard work in making this event the obvious success that it was.:clap:

I enjoyed meeting everyone, and you are a great group of folks and like minded fans of our beloved cars.

Making passes all day on Friday and cleaning up for a show on Saturday was great fun. I can't wait to see the videos with camera attached to our cars going down the track. I seem to rember some footage where someone was getting "lectured" for the length of their pants:teehee:. Man I was hot after that.

Special thanks to Quicky and his dad for help in the "pits".

Matt:burnrubber:

Last edited:
Jim
I also wanted to thank you for the incredibly awesome job you did getting this ready for 2 years. Remember you are not that far from me. You are a great person and if it hadn' t been for you I would have chickened out. Jarred was racing on Sunday, another fantastic guy I meant. He was the first one I meant on Thursday. Everyone was so nice, i didn't feel out of place and special thanks to Kimmee for seeking me out and having a good time. AND she is not far from me. Looking forward to meeting her at White Marsh!

Question: my pictures didn't turn out. How can I get a couple of the group picture we took in the JEG center and the videos of all the cars, etc. Please let me know

By thr eay yestetday I dropped a pair of hedge clippers pointed edge down right through my big toe. So now.I am on crutches as in addition to a cut down to the bone, I broke the bone in half, on crutches and have to ser ortho asap. Bummer. Lynn

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys and gals! The more I look back at the pictures everyone took the more I think wow I can't believe that many cars came out and pulled it off! Thanks again to all of you who attend and drove/trailered cars out! Without you guys I would have been the only one sitting in the parking lot! It was an awesome ride that's for sure! I think it cost me about 750 bucks in fuel to haul my clunker out there so I know it was expensive for everyone in this horrible economy! Thanks again!

Lynn we are going to have to put you in a bubble! Also don't forget I run a show in Cecil County Marryland for anything Buick powered! You guys can bring the TTA's out as well! Come on out should be a little closer then Ohio! :) Here is the flier for the event....

ChrisK

Administrator
Staff member
Cost me a pretty penny and some aggravation. Getting into Illinois a state trooper flys up next to looks in and pulls me over. Got a seatbelt ticket. $60
Then we needed fuel near Ohare airport. It said 8 miles till empty I pull into the oasis for fuel and there's long lines so I pull on the on ramp to get fuel at the next exit. Truck starts bucking then driving fine. Ohhh shit. Im feathering it and then that was the end. Sitting on the side of a 5 lane highway. Lol
But eventually we made it home.

Hey Guys!

I just got home tonight and am still grinning ear to ear. Maeghan and I were talking about the reunion and all the great ppl we me the whole way home. We are so glad we made it!! I had a blast visiting and checking out everyones cars.... and thanks again to the guys helping me tune!!!! You know who you are.

Great Job Jim!!!! and everyone else too!!!!

Ok I am wiped out, gotta go to sleep

Jarred

TURBO1

Super Cool Member
I really wish I could have been there, I really wanted to go, by some of the pictures, it looks like it was a lot of fun.

Mike Arrigo

Hey Guys!

I just got home tonight and am still grinning ear to ear. Maeghan and I were talking about the reunion and all the great ppl we me the whole way home. We are so glad we made it!! I had a blast visiting and checking out everyones cars.... and thanks again to the guys helping me tune!!!! You know who you are.

Great Job Jim!!!! and everyone else too!!!!

Ok I am wiped out, gotta go to sleep

Jarred
It was great to see you both again and glad you made it and enjoyed your entire trip. Can't wait to see you get that car tuned right and ripping off some low ET's. We will expect some videos soon. :)

I want to thank all the "guys" and Kimme who so nice, friendly and Jim who did such a fantastic job in putting this all together. I had a great time and was very happy to be there. It feels like we are a family and really dedicated to these cars. It was great listening to Bill Owens who gave me his autograph and talked to me personally for awhile - what a fantastic and friendly man.
i also got Scott's autograph and arrived home safely. Did get stuck in some traffic jams and panicked a bit when car started creeping up on the thermo guage. Turned off air conditioner and put windows down, also put it in neutral and stepped on gas a bit and that helped.

I think it was Jason who told me to put a Turbo Tweak chip and a 160 thermostat in it. I put the 160 thermostat in it but you have to order the Turbo Tweak chip. Plan to do that ghis winter when i am going to have the engine taken out znd replace anything that looks like it needs it. QUESTION What modifications are allowed for more HP and not have points taken away in stock class?

Actually the car did fine driving although I think there is domething going on with the turbo, seemed to hrsitate when I punched it occasionally and didn't "kick it" when I put pedal to the metal. I havd two of the hoses to the turbo replaced very tecently. Any ideas?

Did more damage dropping hedgeclippers point down right into my big toe all the eay to the bone and broke the bone. Had to go to orthopedic Dr after going to urgent care center. How am I going to put pedal to the metal now?? Or ride my hotse, swim, or yard work now??? Ok I'll stop whining.

Loved meeting you all and talking with you. Dennis I never saw you again after we were talking and really enjoyed talking with you. Jaared sp? First person I met and you were so nice and enjoyed watching you race. Meghan I enjoyed meeting and talking to you as we wete leaving. Hope all had safe trip home. Lynn

That fell through. Found out Wed the only possibility was a driver picking car up Thursday afternoon and delivering it Friday afternoon. Over my dead body would they have my car overnight plus missing most of Friday and worrying when exactly they would arrive. On the return the only thing available was an open trailir like a new car carrier. So I followed my husband (we had walky talkies - fantastic) and I drove the TTA there and back. Lynn

A great gut named Dennis who has a shop called ASAP Transmissions on Bel Air Rd in Kingsville (I think he is in Kingsville). He has years of experirnce with Buick engines and turbos and has offeted to teach me when I can take off work. So basically anything with the engine? Headers, exhaust, intake manifold, bigger turbo, etc?

8289ta

Silver Member
That fell through. Found out Wed the only possibility was a driver picking car up Thursday afternoon and delivering it Friday afternoon. Over my dead body would they have my car overnight plus missing most of Friday and worrying when exactly they would arrive. On the return the only thing available was an open trailir like a new car carrier. So I followed my husband (we had walky talkies - fantastic) and I drove the TTA there and back. Lynn
You were better off. Those car carriers are shady characters and unreliable. I bought my car in Iowa and had to have it shipped back to NY, and it was the worst experience dealing with those companies. It took me a month to get my car home.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim and all those responsible for putting on a great event! You all motivated me to get mine out of the garage. I have already started to fix the small issues it has and hope to have it fully street worthy shortly. Thanks again Jay Arrigo.

frankgn87

I

I think it was Jason who told me to put a Turbo Tweak chip and a 160 thermostat in it. I put the 160 thermostat in it but you have to order the Turbo Tweak chip. Plan to do that ghis winter when i am going to have the engine taken out znd replace anything that looks like it needs it. QUESTION What modifications are allowed for more HP and not have points taken away in stock class?

a chip, 160 stat, K&N drop in filter, hollowed converters, adjustable wastegate rod, trans shift kit... Thats about it.. Thats enough to get you in the low 12's/high 11's with traction (plus the items Jason pointed out)

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to say thanks to Jim and all those responsible for putting on a great event! You all motivated me to get mine out of the garage. I have already started to fix the small issues it has and hope to have it fully street worthy shortly. Thanks again Jay Arrigo.
We need a "like" button on here! :cheers::cheers:

ChrisK

Administrator
Staff member
Jay,
Let me know if you want me to fix your user name. The UU.

Chris

gbsean

ok Sorry I am late...Been busy with 2012 event stuff...Glad all you guys and gals had a great time. The BPG thanks you all for showing up and having fun. Thanks again to Jim for organizing the event and you are more than welcome to attend every year. I only met a few of you and those I did meet were great. For those that did not meet me I was on the golf cart zipping here and their. Sorry my little speech in the Jegs Suite was brief but when you have to make sure everyone is having a great time I get pulled in many directions. Again thanks to Jim and the TTA owners for attending...and I will leave you with this quote from Richard Clark " I saw more TTA's at this Event than I saw Grand Nationals at Bowling Green in October"

Top Bottom