So what are you doing / have done to your TTA getting it ready for the reunion?

TTA984

Gold Member
It would probably cost a grand each way.
If you put a good coat of quality wax on it, the bugs won't be so bad coming off.
I really thought, use a 20 or 22 ft. Enclosed cargo trailer, pulled by a pick up truck.

I think Jim is hauling his TTA this way.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Also guys we have Jax Wax attending the event as a vendor/sponsor. I he is going to offer a detail service right at the track! Their site is... http://www.jaxwax.com/

I'm not sure on the prices but for the folks that don't want to deal with detailing the car you can contact Scott and let him know when you'll be in and if he can do a detail service for you. scott.verbus@gmail.com or call at 614-306-0761 He will be there Friday morning looking for cars to clean!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I really thought, use a 20 or 22 ft. Enclosed cargo trailer, pulled by a pick up truck.

I think Jim is hauling his TTA this way.
Yup I'm hauling my TTA out via enclosed trailer. Talk about going nuts over this event, I bought a new truck just to pull my damn TTA out to the reunion! My old truck was just fine but it was getting old and didn't quite have the balls my new truck has. Going to Ohio from Philadelphia is flat for the most part with that one nasty hill near the PA/VA/Ohio borders. Going to Ohio it's all down hill there but coming back is where you need a real truck! Hopefully the wind is pushing me there! :dance:

kymmee

Silver Member
All you guys that have a long haul, I agree, car hauler/enclosed trailer is the way to go. For me, its gonna be just shy of a 2 hr trip, so hauling would be kinda overkill. Besides, gives me a excuse to drive the car. She will be going back close to where I purchased her. I will do a good cleaning when I get to my destination, I'll bring my cleaning tote with all the stuff. Good way to burn some calories and tan at the same time!:cool:

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
There is a car wash a mile from the track right by the road you take to the hotels. Pretty good location
I just wash the car at/with the hotel pool...along with any dirty laundry I need done too...:whistle:

I get strange looks from the other guests but nobody seems to mind much...unless hotel security shows up to remove the naked wierdo washing his car and clothes.ttarider

I just wash the car at/with the hotel pool...along with any dirty laundry I need done too...:whistle:

I get strange looks from the other guests but nobody seems to mind much...unless hotel security shows up to remove the naked wierdo washing his car and clothes.ttarider
better then watching Jim wash his in his speedo.

Well lets see, a new set of tires, service, new sway bar bushings, new oil pressure sending unit, new speedo sensor, recharge the A/C and figure out my radiator overflow reservoir. Will clean and detail it when we get there!! Looking forward to event!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Mike

Mike Arrigo

Hmmm, Let's see, replaced seat belt buttons (red things), lubed all zerk fittings (front and rear), fixed rear strobe lights, replaced T-Top suns shades (drooping), recharged A/C (with crappy R134). I will be cleaning when I get there also. Can't wait!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Well if anything all these TTA's are getting some long needed attention that's for sure! Sounds like this event is going to bring the love back into these cars for a number of you guys! That makes me happy! :thumbup: I try to keep the miles low on mine but I also try to enjoy it a few times over the summer when I can and keeping her running tip top.

I loaded my TTA up today to kill 2 birds with one stone...

I wanted to see how the truck and trailer pulls before I head out on my 8 hour trip.... and I'm going to take it to my trans guy tomorrow morning for a trans service. The TCC solenoid has been going bad for about 3 years now and I just haven't had the time to drop the pan and get in there. My trans guy is about an hour away so it will be a nice little ride to and from. Going to be 101 temps here tomorrow so I'll test out those external coolers on the truck for sure! Here she is loading up! I'm excited!! :thumbup:

Nick Wise

It is new...give it one winter in the NE and it will be trashed.....
That's all it took for mine to start going to hell. That's why I am trying to get the hood painted before the reunion. We will see if it happens. Not looking very promising.

Car looks good Jim. Can't wait to finally see it. If its anything like your 86 GN, I'm sure its beautiful.

72firebird

Super Moderator
It is new...give it one winter in the NE and it will be trashed.....
That would require Jim to actually drive the car, like he said the TCC has been bad for 3 years and he's just now getting around to it. So that's about a 1 hour of service and $70 in parts and fluid job...

got mine back from the paint shop today, not real happy about the spoiler fit on the glass, the tta is pissed about something parked in its spot ,and its a lot bigger,I explained it was the new chauffeur
:burnrubber:

TTA984

Gold Member
got mine back from the paint shop today, not real happy about the spoiler fit on the glass, the tta is pissed about something parked in its spot ,and its a lot bigger,I explained it was the new chauffeur

Did ya put a fiberglass spoiler on or is that the factory rubber one?

I would be mad if I were the TTA, because a the big bulldog is in its spot.:rofl:

8289ta

Silver Member
Rob - where did you get the spoiler? Did you use the clips that come with it? There is a thread on here somewhere detailing how to use the factory mounting clips to install the spoiler. I have the clips on mine(I bought the car that way) and I want to mount it with the screws.
This is the thread that Jason made detailing his install -
Spoiler install - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Last edited:
Did ya put a fiberglass spoiler on or is that the factory rubber one?

I would be mad if I were the TTA, because a the big bulldog is in its spot.:rofl:
replaced with a fiberglass, paint man said he had to do a lot of prep work to it ,classics industries finest :fuckkk: :thumbdwn: and yeah thats a big bulldog!! :eeks:

Rob - where did you get the spoiler? Did you use the clips that come with it? There is a thread on here somewhere detailing how to use the factory mounting clips to install the spoiler. I have the clips on mine(I bought the car that way) and I want to mount it with the screws.
This is the thread that Jason made detailing his install -
Spoiler install - Turbo Trans Am Forum
i think he used the screws, in fact i know he did :coffee:

Top Bottom