question grey cloth interior

kidsixpack

I’ve never seen or herd of such an animal. I know that the original prototype cars weren’t white. Two reds and a black if I recall correctly? So I’d guess it’s possible that a white with gray is quite possible.
I’m certain someone here will clarify including my recollection of the promo cars.
KID

Mike Arrigo

Supposedly it was swapped out at the dealer. The story is that the lady who bought the TTA didn't like the tan and the dealer swapped it with a grey interior upon selling it to her. That's what I heard

kidsixpack

Sounds reasonable to me. I remember back around 92 a friend of mine offering to sell me his t-top cloth car. It was a very good price the main reason I didn’t buy it was because I wanted a leather interior t-top car. Should have bought it.
KID

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dug this out ...

This TTA has 58K original miles (around 2001) and a GREY interior, the original owner wanted grey and had the interior installed in June 1990.This car is build # 1457

Tis car was repainted and all new weather-stripping was installed in Nov 2000. It was painted in 2000, Lexus Diamond White which looks and has just a hint of pearl ....

Car has an ATR liguid/air intercooler and a number of other mods

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg 89tta1.jpg

kidsixpack

I think most enthusiasts are purest when it comes to limited vehicles. That said there are probably others out there that would prefer the grey trim. Like the first generation muscle cars having a documented dealer installation is very except-able. I don’t think it will enhance the value, but I don’t think it will hurt, Just need the right buyer. People do like to own something that no one else has.
KID

Top Bottom