Pontiac High Performance article on the turbo trans am reuniuon!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Some good news boys and girls. Get ready to raid those news stands! I was on the phone all day with the editor of High Performance Pontiac. Looks like the article for the reunion is just about done and going to print! Not sure if it will make the next issue or not but I'll keep you guys up to date. Took forever getting it right so the correct information gets in there! Should be a great issue. I think they run 50K copies so get ready to clean them out! :yes: He won't tell me what pictures they are going to use in the write up so we'll have to wait and see! :)

Last edited:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I kept trying to get out of him what pics they were going to use but he wouldn't tell me. He made me tell him what was in all the pics. The cool part is, it's all the pics from the photographer we had there for them. No one has seen those pics other then me so far. ;) It should be interesting to see what pics they pick! I bugged him about the pic of everyone in the Jegs suite on Friday so if that one makes it I'll be happy! :)

michbc3

I'm glad that it's coming out soon. My subscription to HPP runs out in Dec 2012 and I don't plan to renew. It's a pretty good magazine, but there just isn't much in there that pertains to my two Trans Ams from the 1980s; which is understandable. I like other Pontiacs too, but I also like reading about other GM brands and other older muscle car manufacturers. So I'm cutting back my magazine subscriptions to just Hemmings Muscle Machines. HMM probably has just about as many TTA articles as HPP.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I'll go to a reunion when it's held at the site of the Van Nuys plant where they were built.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2eus3s
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!:WOOT:
Damn cost me a small fortune to haul my TTA to Ohio from Philadelphia! If I hauled it out there I'd be broke!

Would be cool to have another reunion in the future. Took a year out of my life that's for sure! Lots of work! Next time we need to build a reunion comity!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I got to proof read the article one more time. Looks like it's ready to go to print. They more or less made it like I was the reporter at the event. Turned out pretty cool IMO. I'll have to see what you guys and gals think when it comes out. I made sure our cars made a nice impact in the write up and all information was correct on them. I also let Scott Kelly proof read it as well and he was happy with it. I think you guys are going to like it... we'll see! :)

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
lol when I talked to Scott Kelly about the possibility of another reunion he said he would want to do one at Indy so we can maybe even pace the cars around the track and he wanted to do it just like they did in Indy in 89 where you pay one price for your entire weekend with hotel and everything included. Might be kinda cool.. time will tell I guess! ;)

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be there ... we could cruise from Van Nuys down to City of Industry :yes:

I'm out there next month if anyone want to do a mini mini re-union :thumbup:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Down kids down! lol I thought I said it but it's for the August issue! :) I've seen the entire article all done but I'm not allowed to share. Came out nice I think you guys are going to like it! We did the TTA's proud!! :thumbup:

Top Bottom