Part number references

Well now that I have a TTA again, I found that it's really cumbersome trying to locate part numbers and references. This could be something we sticky to the top of the page isn't it? I made a start by spending a little bit of time getting some part numbers that are unique and not unique to our TTA's. So here goes...anyone can feel free to start adding to the list.
Bob

Attachments

Ozpont

These might help... from parts of my private collection... .not extensive but building up...

D1996 TTA Module Ignition 89 TTA Control Unit
213-292 TTA Sensor Crank Shaft Position 3.8 Turb
216-42 TTA Sensor Knock Turbo 87 & 89 TTA only
213-1562 TTA Sensor MAP 89 TTA ++
D1876D TTA Switch Fuel Pump Interia
12559603 TTA - Valley Manifold
616F - TTA Lead set 3.8 lt Turbo (Delco service replacements)
12353801 - Coil Pack (Delco D552)
212-492 - Fuel Shut off solinoid
25523703 - Relay, hatch, horn (delco D1776)

Last edited:

JSTTA

Hi Guys, I'm an insurance adjuster, here is some parts list i got from my computer with original gm prices. Its cool to see!

Attachments

Well now that I have a TTA again, I found that it's really cumbersome trying to locate part numbers and references. This could be something we sticky to the top of the page isn't it? I made a start by spending a little bit of time getting some part numbers that are unique and not unique to our TTA's. So here goes...anyone can feel free to start adding to the list.
Bob
WOW!!! unbelivable Many Thanks

Bill:thumbup:

Please forgive me if I have not replied I am new to this and a new Lap Top... Thank you for all the great priceless info. You people are solid gold!!!!!
Bill Nicholl
Westmoreland NY

andre#4

I have all the part numbers for every part on the car and illustrations too (exploded diagrams).

If anyone needs something in particular just ask.

I would be interested in that information also.....I'm planning to have my TTA painted in the near future, and I'm considering taking it down to the bare shell before having it painted.

A complete parts list and exploded diagrams would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

andre#4

It is not a digital file. It is a book 3 inches thick. However, there is a website that has the exploded diagrams from the book already loaded, but you have to get to each one through hierarchical menu choices. But it is good. Here is an example of one of the pages of the site. Notice above the diagram that there is a nice map of their menu system, so you can select any part of the car you want.

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/components/1989-pontiac-firebird~engine-asm-3-8l-v6-turbocharged-2f000020100-lc2mw92fw87.html

Otherwise, use this link and find what you need, but be sure you select on of the sub menus that pertain to the 3.8 7 motor. Because even though that motor was already selected, it will still have diagrams for other motors.

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/code/1989-pontiac-firebird-lc2mw92fw87.html

EDIT: I have been comparing the numbers in my book to the numbers on the website and they are not all the same. THe exploded diagrams are obviously copied right from the book but the part numbers are not necessarily. In the book the part has a group number, then you turn to the beginning of the book where all the groups are listed and you see which part number applies exactly. For example on the website, lets say it gives a part number for a power antenna. Well in the book, there are three possibilities for that part number. THe production part number, the service part number, and one other number. None of those match what the website gives for the same part. Maybe the website has a newer number or maybe they are listing a part that fits and functions but is not the original part number. If you built a car with all their part numbers, and it was a corvette, you would never get a good NCRS score. Part numbers matter. THey affect value. So there it is. Perhaps the website isn't that good after all. After all, their motive is to sell parts...THEIR parts. So they will list what they have. Unfortunately it isn't a site made solely to cater to a bunch of nuts who love 20 year old white v6 automatic trans ams.

The book I have has other part numbers listed that are of interest, besides just the exploded diagrams. If you are doing a car over, just spend the 30-70 dollars on the book. It will pay for itself by the time you buy your first part. It is called:

1982-1989 PONTIAC "F" Firebird parts and illustration Catalogue effective may, 1989

They also have one from 1982 to 1990, 1982-1991, and 1982-1992. The last one is the most desirable.

I can't possibly scan the book though It' s too big. Just ask me to look something up if you are stuck.

For a body job you should buy the body manual. For a frame off restoration you should have the body manual, the parts and illustration manual, the assembly manual and the shop manual too. There is also a chassis manual, and a convertible top manual. The service bulletins are nice to have also. They publish things that should be in the shop manual but weren't known in time to put them in the shop manual. Service bulletins come every month after a car is released, and continue to come for several years afterwards, as the problems present themselves. For example, I read in one of these service bulletins, that there is a way to stop the rear brakes from groaning when you back up. Imagine that. In fact there were two bulletins on it, and two fixes. The first fix was a new bracket (the one that holds the caliper on the axle). That fix was a pain to do because the axles had to come out. THen, a few months later they developed a damper which just bolts on. Only takes ten minutes to do. I always thought that the groaning was just what these cars do, but there is a fix. (I had at least 8 Trans ams with rear discs and they all do this groaning/vibration when you back up and apply the brakes lightly. My drum brake 91 ragtop did not make the noise.)

Since I doubt the dampers are sold anymore at the dealer, I assume that this fix was incorporated into the production of new cars, so should be available on disc brake cars in the junkyards. I don't remember when the fix came about. either 1990 or 1991 I think.

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I use the same GM parts and illustration guide as it's very useful not only for part numbers but to see if parts interchnage between the years (and also from the Camaro) and this have helped me tremendous during my restoration.

You can find them on ebay on and off.

Just note that the part numbers listed might have changed over the years but most dealers can (or should) still be able to look up the old number to see if it's been superseeded by a new one or not. Also many parts been discontinued a long time ago and this is perticulary the case with any of the TTA specific items on our cars.

Top Bottom