Original Documentation that came with your TTA

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I'll start a new thread where we can list pictures and descriptions of what was originaly delivered with our TTA's from the dealerships ...

I snapped pictures of what I have that I'm pretty sure came with our cars from the dealerships but I'm sure there's items I don't have so would be interesting for us all to see what else you guys got with yours and add to this thread.

First up is the owners manual, there's two different printings of this one in 1989 and at some point (not sure when) the second printing (all black cover) was issued. This manual came with any 1989 Firebird, Trans Am, Formula, GTA and TTA

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Next is the TTA specific owners kit, this was sent to the original buyer directly from PLV Inc.

My kit is missing the letter size flyer with the TTA wear (jacket, sweaters etc) that could be ordered otherwise everything is in there and the TTA specific owners supplement is in the black pouch thing.

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Then there's the warranty schedule and the maintenance schedule. Both came with all 1989 Firebird's. The warranty booklet had 3 different printings in 1989, 1 had a slightly different front cover I'll see if I can get a picture up of that one as well. The mainenance schedule, if I remember correct, came in 4 different printings (revisions).

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Then we have the tire warranty brochures, the Good Year one came with the TTA as it had Good Year tires from the factory and of course it also came with any other 1989 Firebird with factory fitted Good Year tires. The Firestone brochure came with any Firebird (not TTA) that had factory fitted Firestone tires.

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
The TTA had wheel locks fitted at the factory (at least that's what I understand so correct me if I'm wrong). So here's the instructions sheet (letter size), a instructions card and the wheel lock manufacturers serial number for ordering spare keys if needed. (Note that Amcor is still in business and you can find them here http://www.amcorlocks.com/ if you need new wheel locks or possibly order a new key for your locks).

Attachments

Here is the window sticker, order sheet, and a thank-you note from the dealer for my mom's car. My mother bought car #285 and it currently has 125 miles on it, as well as the original factory plastic on the seats, radio face and steering wheel.

Attachments

1 QUIK6

I LOVE the picture on the dealerships thankyou letter. That photo looks straight out of the movie Used Cars! I think the paneling in the office and the suit really make the photo 1989!

kidsixpack

Silver Member
Great thread Jan! I don't know if I have the two owner manuals or not. We are moving and everything is packed away. I do have the original financing paperwork from the original purchase.. My guy put 25K down.
KID

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Coming in late on this thread but the original owners manual was two different books per the first post?
For the 1989 model year they did do the two (one replacing the other) with some minor updates in there and the cover design changed ... not sure when in time and if this was very early and the TTA's only had the all black cover version (I believe that is the case) or if some of the first TTA's had the other cover version.

Top Bottom