new owner

bkenion

Hi just got my "new" 89 Turbo with 216 miles on it, never titled but I am also missing the hatch key and owners manuals and one fender emblem. Hoping someone mya have some of those items? Also I drove it a few miles today seemed good just curious when should the turbo kick in? and after I parked it and shut it off a fan kicked in is that normal? This is my first Turbo so any info would be appreciated!!! I live in south Jersey also looking for a mechanic in the area familiar with these...
Ben

TTA855

White lightning drinker
The turbo kicks in around 2500 rpm. It is normal for the fan to continue to run after the engine is shut off on warm days.

Mike Arrigo

Are you going to drive it or just store it as a possible investment? Fan staying on sometimes after car is shut off is normal. Are you looking for the TURBO emblem?

bkenion

Hi yes one of the fender emblems. The one key seems to have been lost all I have is the ignition keys.. To be honest not sure what to do with it.. maybe drive it a little it is very tempting.. Ill post photos..

As a previous and current "holder" of low mileage TTA's it is very difficult not to drive them. I always have a drive TTA in the mix so as not to over use the low mileage examples. Boost is addicting.

bkenion

Yes it is I drove it today 10 miles I could not resist ... so A/c did not work and power antenna not working... (is that hard to access)

kidsixpack

Interesting car! Looking forward the some pics. How is it that you bought such a low mileage example with no definitive plans? Is this something that you stumbled on to and you were unable to resist? Any paperwork, owners box? Cool find no matter what!
KID

Top Bottom