LS1s Check In

If you ever had one or currently have one, list it here. Lets see how many poeple here have'em. I have a 1998 Trans Am WS6 and used to have a 1998 Camaro but sold that two years ago.

72firebird

Super Moderator
My brother has a 1998 NBM TA M6 with heads, cam, dana 60 with 4.30 gears, and some normal suspension stuff. I normally help him work on it, and drive it on occassion so I claim it to be 1% mine.

72firebird

Super Moderator
VeeSixx said:
I have a stock 6k mile 30th Anniversary T/A. Still smells new in there :)
My first ever LS1, and very impressed with its ride.

Roy
When we bought our 98 it was towards the end of the model year and like 2 weeks after we bought it the dealership got a 99 30th Daytona Pace Car Convertible. Well the TA was originally bought for my mom and she didn't like the looks of it but the rest of us wanted to trade the 98 back in on it and just pay the difference.

VeeSixx

1 of 1555 (#1489)
The verts were sweet, they never sinked on with me. I test drove one back in 99, then later decided the t-top coupe like the original pace cars was better for me and my TTA ;)

Roy

89MNTTA

I just recently sold my '01 ProCharged WS6 with 5,900 miles on it. It was good for 12.1 @ 119 and a terrible sixty foot time. I really enjoyed the car!

89MNTTA said:
I just recently sold my '01 ProCharged WS6 with 5,900 miles on it. It was good for 12.1 @ 119 and a terrible sixty foot time. I really enjoyed the car!
nice what kinda internals you have done? my new setup has forged diamond dished pistons, eagle forged crank, and i'm using 6.0L heads, and few other things here and there. depending on finances when i reach install time, i just might go wit twins :) but i dont know yet

89MNTTA

GrandmasterCow said:
nice what kinda internals you have done? my new setup has forged diamond dished pistons, eagle forged crank, and i'm using 6.0L heads, and few other things here and there. depending on finances when i reach install time, i just might go wit twins :) but i dont know yet
Stock internals.........if I would've kept it, I would've gone forged rotating assembly and more booooooooooooost :D

It sounds like it will fly! Keep us informed!

89MNTTA

GrandmasterCow said:
niceee. yeah thanks, will do!
I have to kind of laugh at your screen name........when I read it, I automatically think of "GrandMaster Sexxxay".........the pro-wrestler in the WWF a few years ago(Jerry Lawler's son, I think).......funny stuff! (to me at least!) :D

tta299

White Car Fever
99 SS Camaro #405 vert M6 21k miles Slp bellow , Slp cold air,Slp long tubes, Slp hiflow cats, Borla catback BBK TB Granatelli MAF ,bought new in 99

Attachments

TTAgirl said:
My boyfriend has an 02 WS6, 02 Collector's, and a 93 with a raced built LS1.

I ride around in his whips, so yeah... lol
haha i know your BF. i raced him over at atco before. i kinda forget his name, havent talked to him in awhile.

1 QUIK6

I bought my wife a 98' WS6 6spd w/18000 miles last september. She never drove a std trans before and even though she does a great job with it she isn't confident yet. Guess I'll have to drive it for her. :)

My dad has a 2002 firehawk that he bought new from my pontiac dealership. I ordered it red, t-top, 6spd. It sits in his garage with 105 miles on the odometer. Still has the plastic on the floor and stickers in the window.

Those LS1 cars are quick but they just don't go like a turbo!!!

2nd, 3rd, 4th gen F-bodys, I'm not picky. I really like all of them!

89MNTTA

1 QUIK6 said:
I bought my wife a 98' WS6 6spd w/18000 miles last september. She never drove a std trans before and even though she does a great job with it she isn't confident yet. Guess I'll have to drive it for her. :)

My dad has a 2002 firehawk that he bought new from my pontiac dealership. I ordered it red, t-top, 6spd. It sits in his garage with 105 miles on the odometer. Still has the plastic on the floor and stickers in the window.

Those LS1 cars are quick but they just don't go like a turbo!!!

2nd, 3rd, 4th gen F-bodys, I'm not picky. I really like all of them!
Stock vs. Stock, the TTA's don't run with the LS1 birds do they? DontKnow:

(yep, I know, no one is really stock anymore...mostly)

tx_1987_gta

I guess Ill chime in here......

I have a 2000 WS6 Trans Am, Bright Red T-Top that we use as a fair weather driver car, nothing special just a nice driver bird.

I did however trade my 2002 Black on Black WS6 Trans Am, T-Tops & 6 Speed and 13,700 miles to get my TTA #402 in October of 2006. I think I made pretty good trade for a 30,000 mile TTA and a hand full of cash for a car that was depreciating pretty quickly and would continue that trend for another 10 - 15 years.

Attachments

Last edited:

1 QUIK6

89MNTTA said:

I know I'm on a TTA page here and not a LS1 page but they are both fast cars. I think in a drag race stock/stock they would be pretty close. However the TTA has a different punch when the turbo hits. So I think it is a difference more in torque curve not necessarily faster than the other.

Would be a fun race though wouldn't it :)

72firebird

Super Moderator
89MNTTA said:

they're extremely close, it really depends on what cars your comparing. The TTA can run about a 13.4 stock, and an auto ls1 runs about a 13.4-13.8 and a manual ls1 runs about 13.2-13.5 stock. So they're all in the same range, but the LS1 traps higher than the TTA.

Top Bottom