LS1s Check In

lefty57

My 2000 T/A (LS1) ran 13.3 106mph stock, my buddy had a TTA in 2003 which ran 13.8 101 mph. He know has a C6:cheers: Both cars are awesome regardless of there speed. Go Pontiac!!!

tta299 said:
89MNTTA said:
Stock vs. Stock, the TTA's don't run with the LS1 birds do they? DontKnow:

My Ls1 feels torqueless compared to the TTA's

lefty57

Yeah he sold it for the C6 after he beat the heck out of it for almost a year. I'm sure his C6 won't last very long the way he is driving it.

mr.turbota said:
Welcome Lefty57!
Did your buddy sell his TTA?

:beach:

lefty57

Anyone else own a LS1 on the site? What are your mods if any? I recently switched from SLP headers to Pacesetter and was wondering if anyone is using the Pacesetters. The SLP's would bottom out easy. I have a 2000 T/A with full bolt ons and a 100 shot of NOS from Zex. My best time so far is 11.67 with Nitto's. Also anyone use Mickey Thompsons? They seem much more consistent. I am thinking about picking a set up.

I did however trade my 2002 Black on Black WS6 Trans Am, T-Tops & 6 Speed and 13,700 miles to get my TTA #402 in October of 2006. I think I made pretty good trade for a 30,000 mile TTA and a hand full of cash for a car that was depreciating pretty quickly and would continue that trend for another 10 - 15 years.[/QUOTE]
---------------------

My brother has a LS1 98 Formula with 40,000 miles. Awesome shape. He would trade it with out even thinking for a TTA. He drove mine last Tuesday and was so impressed. He loves mine even though he admits his is a smoother ride. I like them all.

lefty57

That's nice both you and your brother have T/A's. :cowboy: What mods does he have if any. I like to see what other people are running. Mine just has the usually bolt on's and stall like every other LS1 plus I am on the bottle. I keep the stock gears in also (2.73) because of the crazy gas prices. Have you every run him?
I do not plan touching the internals until they go. Hopefully a long time from now because I only spray three times a month if that at the track. When I don't spray I running 12.5 at 111 mph. I hope the Mickey's will help these times because I am having traction issues even with the 2.73's!!!

Also has anyone ever used the items I listed?

Rob

Bringing this back up, don't know how I missed it...

I have a '04 GTO, LS1/6spd. Its been 12.3 with an extremely mild LPE GT2-3 cam and LS6 heads. I've sinced changed the cam twice but haven't been back to the track. Stock clutch couldn't take but only one gear at a time with the new found power. I've since replaced that with a LS7 clutch and is fine again. Hoping to bust into the 11's since everything is running fine.

I did manage to get mine down to 13.2 before the mods started. Took a few trips to the track to figure out how to launch it but it did get down there. My TTA ran 13.0 when it was stock but it did have Firestone Firehwaks on it and that is why. 1.88-1.89 short times. Coming out on boost really helps :)

I own four(4) Corvette Convertibles. 2- 2001 and 2-2002
All Z-51 Suspensions
2-Autos
2-Manuals
3-Special order Color Combinations
All four have Torch Red Interiors
My LS1 stock Corvettes are quicker/faster than a TTA to 120 mph, whether auto or manual. I would expect this due to the significant Gross Vehicle Weight difference. The stock TTA does kick you harder and I think it could be faster from 0-60 mph, on a cool day.

Rich

ttanewyork

I own four(4) Corvette Convertibles. 2- 2001 and 2-2002
All Z-51 Suspensions
2-Autos
2-Manuals
3-Special order Color Combinations
All four have Torch Red Interiors
My LS1 stock Corvettes are quicker/faster than a TTA to 120 mph, whether auto or manual. I would expect this due to the significant Gross Vehicle Weight difference. The stock TTA does kick you harder and I think it could be faster from 0-60 mph, on a cool day.

Rich

A friend of mine has an 03 50th annv. vette with a clod air intake, and a billy boat cat back. His car is a six speed, and I can get him off the line with my stock TTA, but it does not take hime long to pass me.

got a 2002 pewter ls1 m6 with a ls6 block from the factory t-top,leather,stock with a lid.

also have a 95 white lt1 a4 with the 2.73 that pound the hell out of the streets. 100 mph in 2nd gear is fun. best et is 13.8 at 107.7 with a 2.63 60"

:burnrubber:

my present car is a 99-30th anniv. T/A--bought it 3 1/2 years ago with 19000 miles-has 29000 now-awesome car :worthy:

also owned a 95-T/A---97 WS6 T/A and a 98 WS6 T/A

Top Bottom