In Need Of Valve Cover Metal Washers And Acorn Nuts

gteatr6

I only need a couple of the washers, but would be interested in a complete set of washers and nuts. Anyone have any? I searched ebay and didn't find any washers. Thanks in advance.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Washer is GM 25519277 and the nut is GM 25519219 if you need the grommets they are GM 25518660 or Felpro ES72134

This is what to look for, where the nuts and washers were used besides our TTA's, either online or if you have a junkyard close by:
Buick Century 1986, 1987, 1988
Buick Electra 1986, 1987, 1988
Buick Lesabre 1986, 1987, 1988
Buick Reatta 1986, 1987
Buick Riviera 1986, 1987
Buick Skylark 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988
Buick Somerset 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988
Oldsmobile 98 Regency 1986, 1987, 1988
Oldsmobile Calais 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988
Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 1986, 1987, 1988
Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser 1986, 1987, 1988
Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale 1986, 1987, 1988
Oldsmobile Toronado 1986, 1987
Pontiac Bonneville 1987, 1988
Pontiac Firebird 1989
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1989
Pontiac Grand Am 1985, 1986, 1987

TeeTopZ

Are those also all the cars that share the valve covers Jan? I would like a set so i could have a breather on the passenger side

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Are those also all the cars that share the valve covers Jan? I would like a set so i could have a breather on the passenger side
They all have the same valve covers as our however the passanger side one is identical on all of them BUT the driver side one you find in two versions with the breather hole either on the long side like you have on the TTA or on the short side (facing the firewall if installed on a TTA) ... either one works just depends on what works for you but if you plug the hole and use the breather in the oil fil cap/hole then either one will do the job for you.

Grab a bunch of whatever you find as these are now getting harder and harder to find out there .... you might also consider some of the hardware like the center bolt studs and rocker bolts / setups while you are at it :)

turbonj

I broke one of the center studs on mine and had to buy an entire head to get one. I got lucky and they included the valve cover and it was the driver side so I put it on the passenger side with a breather.

kymmee

Silver Member
It would be pretty unusual to find any of those cars in yards up here anymore. Several years ago did stumble upon a Olds Cutlass Cruiser wagon. Thing was butt ugly with wood grain side panels. Did get most of the compatible parts off of it. :)

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I only need a couple of the washers, but would be interested in a complete set of washers and nuts. Anyone have any? I searched ebay and didn't find any washers. Thanks in advance.
If it's only the washers I would see if I could have a couple made up to the same measurements ... or try to find a similar washer (thickness and outside diameter; hole you can easily open up if too small).

I will have to see what I have sitting around that I can potentially part with to help out; not sure what I have left as I did part with a couple of complete sets years ago that I had spare.

turbonj

Look on turbo buick, there's a guy over there that listed some valve covers off of a fwd 3.8 car he is parting out. You could ask if he has the hardware.

fbody4me

They are on there way. I also threw in 6 nuts and some Delrin bushings for the headlight motors. I made a bunch of them awhile back at work. Feeling generous today,lol. Just glad I can help out a fellow TTA owner.

gteatr6

Sweet!
Give me a shout if you are in need of something in the future. I have a lot of GN stuff and I have been gathering a lot of TTA specific stuff as well.

fbody4me

Thank you, I will. Its funny that you mention the GN stuff. I just bought a 1987 T-Type last year. Still haven't got to it yet,it's a project. Hopefully this summer I will get it going.

fbody4me

Hey gteatr6. I checked the USPS tracking number and it stated it was delayed. Didn't give a reason but we all know why,USPS sucks!!! Anyway hopefully it will show up Monday. I also PM'ed you the tracking number. Good luck with your TTA.

fbody4me

Hi gteatr6. Did you receive everything, any problems ?

I did come across two more sets off a 1987 t-type Lesabre and a 1988 Olds. Also grabbed the center bolt studs, passenger side valve covers,egr cover and plug wire boot protectors. Does anyone know what else is compatible with our TTA's? These cars are at a pull and pay so parts are really cheap. I do plan on going back soon to get the power seat track out of the Lesabre for my T-Type so if anyone knows of any other parts that are the same for the TTA please let me know.

TeeTopZ

Any chance you want to sell a set of the covers? I really only need a second drivers one to add a breather for the passenger side, but I'd be interested in a set. Lmk, thanks

fbody4me

Hi TeeTopZ. The covers i picked up were both passenger side covers. The drivers side cover on both cars are different than the TTA cover(see Jan's post earlier). If I come across a correct drivers cover I will let you know.

TeeTopZ

Thanks. I would be fine with the cover that has the hole on the short side as Jan noted. I will just plug it anyway. I just want the ability to add a breather to the passenger side. So if you happen to go back to the yard and that is the cover they have, I will gladly take it. Thanks.

fbody4me

I think I might go there tomorrow to get a power seat track so I will pick it up for you,no problem. If I remember correctly they charged me about $12 for a valve cover. I love those Pull and Pay places,the parts are dirt cheap. Seems like I always end up buying more stuff than I plan on. I hate to see good parts go to waste.

Top Bottom