Highest sale on a TTA?

kidsixpack

The recent sale at $65,000 is pretty impressive. I know a lot of guys keep records on TTA sales. What is the highest sale price known?
KID

ChrisK

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching this auction as well. The seller purchased the car in January for $47,000.
Nice profit for a quick flip.

Wow with that I guess I way under priced my Hard top cloth car. $65,000 for a low mileage t top leather car. Geez. Atleast I can take solace in knowing my car went to a true collector and I did not lose any money.

Wow

2QUIK6

Wow with that I guess I way under priced my Hard top cloth car. $65,000 for a low mileage t top leather car. Geez. Atleast I can take solace in knowing my car went to a true collector and I did not lose any money.

Wow
It seems that most still have the '80s mentality that T-tops are worth more rather than rarity. When mine was listed, albeit the consignor marked it way higher than my settlement price was, the chatter was that their t-top car had similar mileage and they paid way less and the car was worth $30s. Consigner had several hits but wanted me to come off my price so they could still make their big profit. So for now mine is off the market until prices even out with the GNs. Gave me a good indication where the market is for such a rare car. Consignor also did not mention in their ads I had well over $6k or spare OEM parts and collectibles that went with the car, which may have helped the sale if they would have mentioned that. And mine was much cleaner than most of these "low" mile cars are, and 100% original.

Mark T-TB

Car Crazy from birth
Prices do seem to be on the rise.
I guess we'll see how the guy at King of Cars & Trucks makes out... the on-line price is now at $69.9k for that 2300 mile example.

Top Bottom