Hey!!! Check this out!

89MNTTA

I just bought a white, 2002, 6-speed, convertible, Firehawk.............from what I'm told, it's very rare!

Ohh, and it has 2,300 miles on the clock. :D

Let me know what you think fellas!

Turbota6

Sounds good, but where's the pics??? IMO, the Firehawks had the RIGHT hood for the 4th gen cars. The whole double scoop for the Ram Air / WS6 cars just didn't look right to me. I'm sure George can chime in on this, he's got some friends with some SLP cars.

:eek:fftopic: Calling it on myself. Hey George, what's your buddy's name that I met at the TA Nats that year, the whole family big SLP fans. I'm thinking it was Dan. Did you ever get a copy of that video when he took a ride in my TTA? I think there was some kind of smoke show involved? :whistle: :burnrubber:

89MNTTA

Turbota6 said:
Sounds good, but where's the pics??? IMO, the Firehawks had the RIGHT hood for the 4th gen cars. The whole double scoop for the Ram Air / WS6 cars just didn't look right to me. I'm sure George can chime in on this, he's got some friends with some SLP cars.

:eek:fftopic: Calling it on myself. Hey George, what's your buddy's name that I met at the TA Nats that year, the whole family big SLP fans. I'm thinking it was Dan. Did you ever get a copy of that video when he took a ride in my TTA? I think there was some kind of smoke show involved? :whistle: :burnrubber:
I know the guy who owns the X-Men Firebird/Trans Am if that counts for anything?? :D

89MNTTA

72firebird said:
You can find out your build number from here http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615652

You might also want to join this website http://messageboard.firehawk.org/index.php

Looks like there was a total of 1505 firehawks made in 2002, I believe it was the highest production year for the firehawk. The convertible part is what would make your car extremely rare, I don't think I have ever seen a convertible firehawk before.
The build number is 1098.

Of the 1505 Firehawks built in 2002, 202 were convertibles, and only 8 of those were white. :D

That's a sweet ride. I agree that the hood looks better than what GM did, smoother fit and finish. I've never seen a convertable either.
So now it's off to the drag strip!! Post some times when you can.:headbang:

89MNTTA

sverble said:
That's a sweet ride. I agree that the hood looks better than what GM did, smoother fit and finish. I've never seen a convertable either.
So now it's off to the drag strip!! Post some times when you can.:headbang:
I'd guess 13.5-ish.........I had a ProCharged '01 WS6 that ran 12.1.........this one probably won't go to the track, but everything else I own will......including the 20th :D

89MNTTA said:
I just bought a white, 2002, 6-speed, convertible, Firehawk.............from what I'm told, it's very rare!

Let me know what you think fellas![/QUOT

Rarity is not a Firehawk's strong suit..
I have owned [3] 93 hawks[#12 w/9k,& and 2 others with 23& 50k miles.
After a while I found myself looking for something "really" special.
Then I found my TTA.Firehawks are the same as other Firebirds,in my opinion.
Just badging,wheels,hood,& some suspension.
They will match the engine specific TTA.Attached are photos of my Hawk & my IROC.

Last edited:

89MNTTA

JRNYMNDAVID said:
89MNTTA said:

Let me know what you think fellas![/QUOT

Rarity is not a Firehawk's strong suit..
I have owned [3] 93 hawks[#12 w/9k,& and 2 others with 23& 50k miles.
After a while I found myself looking for something "really" special.
Then I found my TTA.Firehawks are the same as other Firebirds,in my opinion.
Just badging,wheels,hood,& some suspension.
They will match the engine specific TTA.Attached are photos of my Hawk & my IROC.
1 out of 8 isn't rare? DontKnow:

mr.turbota

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya Ron,
His name is Dan.
His dad owns quite a nice collection of Trans Ams.
Besides a low milage 25th Anniversary Trans Am hardtop, they own a Comp TA with low miles too.
I saw the video, but didn't get a copy.
He really enjoyed the ride in a 20th TTA!
He came out to visit us here in Northern Arizona, and we got rain!
So, no ride in mine.
That was OK though, he filmed my garage onto video, and we didn't leave my garage till after 8 hours.
Lisa comes out, and asks what we want for dinner, we were wondering about breakfast!
Neither of us knew we were out there that long!
He even videoed some of my NOS parts (I have stuff for all year Trans Ams) in the plastic crates.
The video is about 4 hours long I think!:)

:beach:

tta299

White Car Fever
Very nice car !!!!! Options imo can make the car alot more desireable. I wouldnt call a firehawk rare but im sure it will be a collectors item. I looked at a white on white Firehawk vert in 99 the dealer wanted 5k more than what i bought my SS for.

Top Bottom