Heat Soak - Remote starter solenoid

Installed a new starter/solenoid and have heat soak now... Want to install a Ford-type remote solenoid. Anyone do this? Have a brand/model # for a remote solenoid that works? Need suppression diodes, I understand.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Go with a smaller (and better/lighter) LT1 starter .... never heard anyone have issues then with heat soak .... I got one on mine for the past 20 years nearly and never any issues

never heard of anyone needing a remote solenoid for this reason on a TTA

If unavailable for a while, is the LT1 or LT4 mini a good alternative? Need to get at Kirbans at twice the price of the DB?

I'm searching the Internet for the DB but haven't found it so far.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
All of the Buick GN vendors carry the mini starters and there’s also a few listed on eBay.

prices do vary

make sure it comes with new bolts as the factory stock bolts don’t work.

Hi... Just to finish this off... I got a DB Electrical SDR0059 mini starter, put it in, and now no heat soak. Good change and easy to do for about $60 total too. Best solution. Your thinking/advise much appreciated, Jan.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Hi... Just to finish this off... I got a DB Electrical SDR0059 mini starter, put it in, and now no heat soak. Good change and easy to do for about $60 total too. Best solution. Your thinking/advise much appreciated, Jan.
Brilliant, glad you got it sorted in the end.

loads of benefits doing that swap considering both weight, size and speed starting the engine !

glad I could help!

Top Bottom