Hardtop / Leather 4 SALE

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Did you e-mail them Jan and tell them to hold down the mute button for that radio loc? :D What car number is that one? I'd love to have a hardtop cloth one day!

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
No 962 ..... only now got 11 of the 24 hartop/leathers in the VIN list so we still have to find the other 13 ... well one of these days.

And no did not email them to ask them to press the Mute button :)

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Jan I know where a hardtop leather has been sitting for over 10 plus years. I'll try to get the vin for you next time I'm near it. Might be one of the missing ones!

Nick Wise

Speaking of Hard top Leather cars, A guy I know just told me about one that he believes is a hardtop, definitely leather, TTA sitting in a shop not too far from me. Some older lady owns the car and it has been in storage pretty much all of its life. He was told it only has 400 miles on it. She is considering selling. We are both interested, but if nothing else comes of it I will try to get the whole story and the vin and post it up here.

Mike Arrigo

Sounds like a Cinderella story in the making. A Hardtop Leather TTA with only 400 miles owned by a little old lady. I hope this one is true and has a happy ending for someone. :) Good luck.

Nick Wise

it is coming from a good source. The guy that told it to me is a Mac tools dealer, and he owns a Grand National, so he does know what these cars are. He has been looking for a TTA, and last week I showed him mine. Its funny that this week he finds one sitting in a shop that he has been going to for a while, just never been in that part of the shop. The car is covered up, except the cover was pulled up at the door. It has the Indy wings on the rocker but no Turbo on the fender. from what he could tell with the cover on he thought it was a hard top. i thionk it would be tough to distinguish a hard top from a t-top with a cover on it but was pretty sure it is. We are trying to set something up with the lady about looking at it.The owner of the shop said he thought she would want between 20-25k for it. doesn't sound bad to me especially if it is a real hard top with only 400 miles. does any one know what the lowest confirmed mileage is on TTA?

Rodimus_Prime

I saw one on autotrader out in washington some time ago that had 132 miles on it, still had all the factory plastic on the seats and floors, they wanted 35k for it I believe

Nick Wise

Found out more info on the "Cinderella" hard top with 400 miles. It is actually a T-Top. Kinda what i figured it would be. The lady is definately interested in selling but no solid price yet. I told my tool guy next time he is out there to get the vin. He said he could do that. Also told me where the car is sitting, so I may take a trip down there myself. I'd like to get the whole story about the car, but I dont want to scare her off from selling it.It will probably be next friday before I have any more info.

. does any one know what the lowest confirmed mileage is on TTA?
Mine has 41 miles on it, however, I don't know if it's the lowest. Seems like there was one on the record in Japan having something like 20 miles on it. I don't know how recent that mileage was taken. Mine's a "museum piece".

Rodimus_Prime

Well went up today to check this car out heres the scoop on it

Spoiler - has no cracks or chips or fading on it, mint

Paint - is excellent and proper decals are on it, no signs of touch up paint or spidering, or chips, probably one of the best things on the car, good wax job and its a solid 9/10

exterior Emblems were scratched up and missing parts of the middle so they would need to be replaced

Wheels - not pristine, could use a good cleaning, but not curbed at all

tires - not original gatorbacks

Interior - carpet is perfect in front and rear, gauges look good, original stereo, has the logo on the map pocket though the map pocket seems to be stretched out a bit. Some radar detector is on the dash. The leather is not perfect has alot of cracks in it though it is not to the point of being ripped anywhere yet

Doorjams have the yellow staining from the weatherseals

Rear power hatch motor didnt seem to be working

It did have the RPO sticker in the center consule, also had the proper PAS sticker under the hood, as well as vin sticker and win sticker under the trunk lid. It was missing the underhood insulator.

Engine bay - did not have original plug wires, coil pack looked to be replaced, original maf pipe but had K&N filter on the end not the original air box, very dirty, everything else looked original, had the original downpipe which was very rusted, and heatsheild on

Now the worst part of the car, under it the exhaust is not original looked to be a GTA style single turndown tips, not original dual TTA tips. Entire under the car had little specs of rust all over it, the exhaust was pretty rusted, not flaking off or anything just alot of surface specs. It looks like it would need alot of work cleaning that part up.

The area behind the rear bumper was the worst, that actually had some puffed up breaking off rust

Unsure of owners kit, if the headlights work properly, how it runs since I was not able to drive it, or if they are willing to negotiate on price (they should as they want too damn much for what it is), they didn't seem to really know what it is that they have, and I did not tell them :)

All and all its prob alot better than what I've explained it to be, all the things that are currently wrong with it are easily fixable, however for the price I think it should be alot closer to mint but this is a solid 19-22k car. If they can come down to that range I think its a good buy, but for 26k, no.

Last edited:

Paint - is excellent and proper decals are on it, no signs of touch up paint or spidering, or chips, probably one of the best things on the car, good wax job and its a solid 9/10

exterior Emblems were scratched up and missing parts of the middle so they would need to be replaced

Interior - carpet is perfect in front and rear, gauges look good, original stereo, has the logo on the map pocket though the map pocket seems to be stretched out a bit. Some radar detector is on the dash. The leather is not perfect has alot of cracks in it though it is not to the point of being ripped anywhere yet

It did have the RPO sticker in the center consule, also had the proper PAS sticker under the hood, as well as vin sticker and win sticker under the trunk lid. It was missing the underhood insulator.

Engine bay - did not have original plug wires, coil pack looked to be replaced, original maf pipe but had K&N filter on the end not the original air box, very dirty, everything else looked original, had the original downpipe which was very rusted, and heatsheild on

Now the worst part of the car, under it the exhaust is not original looked to be a GTA style single turndown tips, not original dual TTA tips. Entire under the car had little specs of rust all over it, the exhaust was pretty rusted, not flaking off or anything just alot of surface specs. It looks like it would need alot of work cleaning that part up.

The area behind the rear bumper was the worst, that actually had some puffed up breaking off rust

Unsure of owners kit, if the headlights work properly, how it runs since I was not able to drive it, or if they are willing to negotiate on price (they should as they want too damn much for what it is), they didn't seem to really know what it is that they have, and I did not tell them :)

All and all its prob alot better than what I've explained it to be, all the things that are currently wrong with it are easily fixable, however for the price I think it should be alot closer to mint but this is a solid 19-22k car. If they can come down to that range I think its a good buy, but for 26k, no.
Why wouldn't they let you drive it?? Seems they'd have at least started it up for you.

Rodimus_Prime

It was kinda parked in under the side roof, I didn't ask them to move everything out so I could. At first I thought it was sold since it was away and basically hidden, maybe they are doing that to keep it out the weather? All in all a solid week or two worth of work into this car and you could have it mint again, its def savable.

There is another hardtop for sale on turbobuick.com with 27k on it and they want 35k for it.

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Did you get the VIN for this hardtop/leather TTA?

Top Bottom