great time at the TTA reunion!

mfj

My wife and I were reminiscing about the TTA reunion. We really had a great time meeting some of the other TTA / Buick members. Chilling outside the Hampton Inn at night was really cool also; man I did not bring enough Heinekens!

I know this gathering was a lot of work; but I really hope another one happens.

I really did enjoy meeting some of the people who post on this site and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

By the way, prowling around town Friday night, I totally wasted a 370Z. My wife slapped me!:burnrubber:

Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

mfj

Strangest story at TTA reunion?

So approximately 15 years ago, I put my car in the non-Buick, but Buick powered category at the GSCA show in Bowling Green Kentucky. Some guy in a green Camaro with a TTA drive train in it (dash and all) is parked next to me.

Now fifteen years later, guess who is parked next to me at the TTA reunion, this time in a TTA. Mike Arrigo!

Hopefully we wont have to wait 15 years to see each other again. I’m sure Jim is thinking about it!!

Strange or what!!!!

Attachments

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
What the hell?!?! Wow that is a wild story! I love it! I really think it was so unique to bring TTA's from all over the country and Canada all to one place. If only the cars could talk to each other! I'm sure they were as happy to see all their brothers and sisters again! :)

kymmee

Silver Member
As the thread states, I had a great time also. The previous owner of my car was there racing with his Buicks and we chatted for a while. I would have to say my most memorable moment is when the cars lined up at the staging lanes. Seeing them all like that was impressive!! I have not stopped talking about the reunion since I got back. lol:dance:

Turbota6

Ha, that's an awesome pic of Mike's old car. I found a picture of it in an old copy of Grand News as well. I first saw Mike's Camaro at a cruise night in a Chicago suburb many years ago. Did a double take as I walked by it and was like...What?!?!? Waited around lurking until he came back to the car so I could chat with him. Met Jay, his brother, on a totally separate occasion at a car show. It was probably years later that I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized they were brothers!

On the main topic about funny stories from the reunion I had a guy stop by my booth and spot the issues of Grand News. He said, "Should I sign them so they'll be worth more?" Yep, Dennis Kirban stopped by and I actually sold HIM something for a change! I said I should charge him double to make back some of the money I spent with him over the years! LMAO

The TTA reunion was awesome glad i met philly and other members i really learned alot from bill owen and scott kelly a wonderful experience hope we can do this again soon.

Archie from NYC
TTA 688

Mike Arrigo

Strangest story at TTA reunion?

So approximately 15 years ago, I put my car in the non-Buick, but Buick powered category at the GSCA show in Bowling Green Kentucky. Some guy in a green Camaro with a TTA drive train in it (dash and all) is parked next to me.

Now fifteen years later, guess who is parked next to me at the TTA reunion, this time in a TTA. Mike Arrigo!

Hopefully we wont have to wait 15 years to see each other again. I’m sure Jim is thinking about it!!

Strange or what!!!!
Too funny! I still have that Snap On jacket. lol Thanks and those where some good times down in Bowling Green. :)

Top Bottom