GM Nationals in Carlisle,PA for 2013 - mini TTA reunion?

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
The people that run the GM nationals in Carlisle, PA have approached me to help them promote the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Buick Grand National at their event next year in 2013. It's Jun 21 - Jun 23, 2013. While I own 2 GN's, I always think of ways to keep the TTA's involved as well! So I told him about the 1989 TTA's and he said since we are GM and basically the same engine platform of the Grand Nationals he would be willing to make us our own class at the event. This would mean we would all park together at the event.

For those that don't know about this event, it's one of the largest gatherings of GM's anywhere in the world at one time. People fly in from all over the world to attend this event. I typically go to just check out the cars it's so huge. Just take a look at the link below at some of the classes they already have for it!

So if you guys and gals think we could get 12 TTA's to attend this event I can have them give us our own class for the turbo trans am's! This will mean our on spot to park together and awards for our cars. So it would be like a mini re-union. So post away if you would attend this event with your car! I'm going to take mine either way so post away if you want to go!

http://www.carlisleevents.com/events/gm-nationals/

Snowman

I could go for that. Since I'll be "retired" at the end of June 2013 and am already a vendor at Carlisle, might just trailer my TTA down to the show.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
So that's 4 so far! :) We need 12 to get our own club status on their site and we can all park together as well. We still have time but if you can make it post away. It's 2 hours for me in Philly but would be cool to have some sort of large showing of TTA's this summer. This is a huge event as well just for GM. There is a ton of stuff to do in the area and they also have a track. It's a 1/8 mile I think but you can race as well as show if you like.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet. Well I'm working on the event promoter to give us our own class. Would be nice to see at least 12 show up if not more! These cars are impossible to bring out in the masses in one location at one time!

I have some turbo buick's, but figure they will out in big numbers. I'll likely be in very NE N. Carolina at that time. I could swing up there with my TTA.

Count me as a probable attendee. I'd like to make this if enough TTA's come out.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
Jim
I don't think Carlisle Pa is too far for me since Iam in Maryland/Hartford County but unless I can find someone to put new t top weatherproofing and get my car running....Do you know anyone in MD or near the Pa/MD border who could be trusted to work on it. It has been sitting with a dead battery covered up with A dead battery since summer.
I Really Need Help!
Thanks
Lynn
Car 603

pont1230

I have to see what my schedule looks like ,to far away to tell.I will defenally try to go,tha would be a cool place to be with so many tta's in one place:cool:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Just an update.... They have added us to the registry now and we have our own class!! In the GM Classification drop down, you can select #326: PONTIAC - 20TH ANNIV. TRANS AM So if you want to register now is the time and pick that class!

Has any of you been to this show before? I am considering taking the TTA I just bought, but am leaning towards the GN. More room in the truck for purchases there!!!

Plus low miles on the TTA and the GN will never be sold... so no issue there.

Like to know if there are huge line ups to get to a spot and if you get the same spot for the weekend or if each day you show up it is different?

Thanks for any more info.

sdriche

I could make it Sunday the 22nd. What day(s) is everyone going?

I have 2 TTAs so I'll see if I can find someone to drive the other one as well.

sdriche

My awesome wife agreed to cut our vacation short by 1 day so I can get back Friday night. I can go to Carlisle on Sat if you want to add one more to the count.

Top Bottom