Getting my MSG Kicks on RT 66 in Pontiac, IL

Kman1971

February 1st in Chicagoland and it was sunny and 50 degrees today. So I dusted off the CARRVTE instead of BADCARR this time and headed down RT 66 to the beautiful town of Pontiac IL. I highly recommend it if you haven't been there yet. Right off I-55 between Chicago and St. Louis. Pontiac is awesome, RT 66 museum, Oakland-Pontiac Museum, Walk with Honest Abe Lincoln, an Art Museum,...and all free. 21 unique wall murals spread out all over downtown. They have huge summer cruise nights too. Plus they have nice little restaurants and shops in an old time downtown feel. Great place to visit. The sun was out when I left but never appeared in Pontiac today. Here are a few pics from the trip.

Last edited:

kymmee

Silver Member
Looks like a fun trip. It has been nice here too. It was 60 yesterday and 57 today. I was tempted to get the TTA out, but it isnt as easy as if it was in a garage. When I break it out of storage it will be for the season. Did you drop the top and crank the heat?:)

Kman1971

Looks like a fun trip. It has been nice here too. It was 60 yesterday and 57 today. I was tempted to get the TTA out, but it isnt as easy as if it was in a garage. When I break it out of storage it will be for the season. Did you drop the top and crank the heat?:)
Tempted to put the top down, especially for some pics , but l'll be back soon when its nicer. I did have the windows down and stretched the car out for the first time on a clear stretch of Highway, had it up to 110 in a flash and it was so smooth, just a different feel of power vs the TTA.

Mike Arrigo

Looks awesome, now I have a place to cruise the TTA in the summer. Looking forward to it and maybe we can meet up and get some TTA's in Chicagoland together in spring.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Damn now you made me want to go there as well lol

Very nice drive ... and a nice ride !!!

Thanks for sharing, brilliant photo opportunites that's for sure!

Top Bottom