and here I go again 1989 TTA convt project

TURBOGTA

Once again,now that the divorce is behind me, my 89 TTA drivetrain going into the 89 Formula convertible I found in Ohio…cheap. Pics to follow. All I've done is disassembled the 89 TTA interior

TURBOGTA

89 Formy from ohio. Kinda rare 305 TBI auto. Previous owner removed 305 to put in his truck to get to work. Car sat covered for years...that is until I found it

Attachments

Mike Arrigo

Say it isn't so? I am not sure if I should believe you again. lol

I hope you finally get it done and driving and bring it to the reunion in August. Get on it!

TURBOGTA

Mike
As you know I'm divorced for 3 yrs…She wanted 1/2 of my cars, parts and tools? Go figure with the tools…but yeah wasn't cutting the TTA in 1/2 LOL

TURBOGTA

It's one I had stashed away when I was married. I had 2 TTA's and 3 GNs..when I was going through divorce this car was stored in another state. It was an insurance write off back then…my other car I had slated for TTA vert was the one the engine was done and just finished it when divorce started. i had just got heads back. If I recall correctly Harland Sharp done by the guy in florida who does them. That car went to Boston. If I remember that was #364. This one I have to find all the paperwork I have on it. That's one thing I went through with divorce…moving all I own in a day. I had so many TAs I couldn't keep them all straight. The only way I could tell was by key fob with info on back of it. I do remember running it at Union grove, chip install exhaust/ down pipe and using dry ice on intake. It ran best 11.20... that drivetrain is going in convertible. The 87 GTA it was in driver floor is rusty. The car is so powerful it's actually bending the floor up and down where its splits.

TURBOGTA

My buddy Jeff…he owns a repair shop. Only downside is every customer who's into cars wants to know if it's for sale and what's done to it

fbody4me

So thats where that Formula went to. I actually looked at that car before you with the same intentions as you,making a TTA conv clone. I passed on it because of the rear fender wells and could not see the under side of the car because of it being parked in his yard and how low it sat. Glad to see it is going to be saved. I am also doing a TTA build. I got lucky and found a rust free 89 GTA conv. Best of luck with your build.

56558434_5da4_4367_a6d8_39e4c4c1e83f_ec7e1d18a23add858e1fa63e90c2e08c560c2164.jpeg

TURBOGTA

So thats where that Formula went to. I actually looked at that car before you with the same intentions as you,making a TTA conv clone. I passed on it because of the rear fender wells and could not see the under side of the car because of it being parked in his yard and how low it sat. Glad to see it is going to be saved. I am also doing a TTA build. I got lucky and found a rust free 89 GTA conv. Best of luck with your build.

View attachment 9276
Which one did buy? The white 89 in Las Vegas?

Top Bottom