Advert is out - High Performance Pontiac

Nick Wise

You should be able to get a copy from most bookstores. I don't remember seeing it at gas stations or grocery stores though. Borders definitely carries it, so I would guess B&N would too. I got my copy Saturday through the mail but I want to get another one as well. Great magazine, you should get a subscription. I always renew mine at the GM show at Carlisle so I can get a t-shirt.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Damn you Jan how did you get it before me!! lol I've been looking out the window all week for the mailman! Maybe I'll get a surprise when I get home from work tonight! :) Everyone bring theirs to have Scott and the guys sign it! :) It's a collector! I'll have to keep an eye out and see how many new members we get on the site from the ad!

Jason: You are sending out a virus e-mail to everyone!! I don't know where your checking e-mail down there but you got a virus in your e-mail! It almost got me!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Mine was waiting for me when I got home! Looks awesome! Hopefully we get some new members on the board here from it along with people coming to the reunion. Thanks Thanks Thanks again for all the people that tossed in for this. Glad to be a part of the community! :thumbup:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thanking my contact at HPP this morning about the issue coming out and asked him how many copies are generally published.... I think just a few people are going to see it.... The total circulation of HPP is 26,036!
:eeks: :eeks: :jaw: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Also don't forget guys (and gals) we have a photographer for HPP going to shoot the event. I figure Saturday after the car show and after or before Scott's presentation or somewhere in between we'll arrange the cars in several different ways for the photo's. So don't wonder too far from the car show area on Saturday. My next mission (and it's pretty impossible I think but we'll see...) is to get one of the photo's they shoot on the cover of a future issue of HPP! Now that would be the icing on the cake! :)

Kman1971

Where can you find it? Or is it just hitting the stands? I checked Borders and Barnes & Noble in the Chicago burbs yesterday and they didn't have any High Performance Pontiac magazines at all.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Kris I'm not going to chase your a$$ down all day telling you were to buy! lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's fresh off the press so it might be a week to show up. You might be able to order a single issue off their web site too! Hurry because Jan and George are buying them by the truck load!!!! :cheekiss:

kymmee

Silver Member
Mine didnt come yet in the mail-hoping for today! What a great idea Jim, for HPP to shoot all the cars in an arrangement, I've seen them do those types of photos before-somewhat of a semi aerial view. All of us could make history if we make the cover.:thumbup:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
They key is we have to put our minds together and get creative and get some shots of all the cars together that HPP just can't resist to put on the front cover! :) So keep thinking about how we can arrange the cars for a killer picture! One guy said line them up and make the turbo six logo :) The cool part is the car show/display is right behind the main grand stands. So you can walk to the top of the grand stands and get a killer picture of the show field. Here is a shot I took last year from up there....

Just picture this shot but all TTA's in the picture! :) So start thinking! We also have all that grass in the background to display the cars on for a picture.

Also don't forget guys (and gals) we have a photographer for HPP going to shoot the event. I figure Saturday after the car show and after or before Scott's presentation or somewhere in between we'll arrange the cars in several different ways for the photo's. So don't wonder too far from the car show area on Saturday. My next mission (and it's pretty impossible I think but we'll see...) is to get one of the photo's they shoot on the cover of a future issue of HPP! Now that would be the icing on the cake! :)
when they see us on the cover of ROLLING STONE,they will change there tune !! :clap: :hooray:

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could we not line them up like they did with the press / festival cars at indy? maybe all of them down on the track in front of the JEGS suite?

Oh anyone like to pick up 2 extra copies of HPP for me please :) However do I buy a beer in the bar !

TTA984

Gold Member
Could we not line them up like they did with the press / festival cars at indy? maybe all of them down on the track in front of the JEGS suite?

Oh anyone like to pick up 2 extra copies of HPP for me please :) However do I buy a beer in the bar !
I am working on that as I post, Have girlfriend in Tennessee checking book store up there now. Probably a good chance finding copys up in Pigeon Forge Tn, since they have lots of car shows there. Garretts muscle car museum is up in the area.

Also will check here in Florida, by the weekend.

I will get you 2 copys if I can find them Jan. :beach:

TTA984

Gold Member
Well, she found HPP at books a million up in Tn.

The only problem is, the October edition is not out yet. They said it might be up to 2 weeks.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member

Sounds good to me Jan! We'll figure it out keep thinking! They use to parade the car show winners down the track by the Jegs suite and off the return road there. Plenty of options at this track. All depends on how many TTA's show up! The more TTA's show up the more power we will have over pretty much anything! :headbang:

kymmee

Silver Member
I'm going out tomorrow and checking a few places I know that carry it-I'm just not sure what time of the month they release the new issue-bummer-didnt get mine yet in the mail.:(

Top Bottom