A/C Compressor Clutch

I want to buy the assembly: clutch, pulley and bearing. I think I can get the last two, but am not sure the clutch I see online at Rockauto.com is the right one.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
So this should help you; not much difference between our compressor and the one used on other Firebird's in 1989.

First column with part numbers is what's specific to the TTA compressor second column is the one used on all other 1989 Firebirds so you see most parts are the same.

I looked up many of the clutch / pulley components just a year or so ago and everything besides the TTA pulley was still available back then as this compressor been used for a long time on many GM vehicles (and others as well). 2019-04-09 09.09.25.jpg

Still searching... I cannot find anywhere a clutch assembly (with pulley and bearing and coil (coil optional)). I can't even find a full original compressor. No auto stores, GM parts departments, after-market online dealers, ebay, Amazon, classic industries, rockauto, hawks third gen, etc. This is frustrating... Any ideas????

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Peter I bought a completely new (not refurb) compressor on rock auto.com and I know others done that as well.

I did post the part number up somewhere, if you do a search you should be able to find it;if not I can help when I’m back home mid / end of next week.

Thank you for helping. I went to our local 1-800-radiator supplier today. They have an OEM replacement A/C compressor (Ransho # C160RRA). The place promised it as a perfect fit and high quality, so I ordered one. I tried rockauto.com, but found nothing for the compressor part number you sent me. Maybe I just looked it up wrong. Anyway, I want to get back on the road. Spring is nice here now and the road is calling... Hoping the Ransho works out ok.

DynoDave

I'd hang on to that original, at least until you see the new one on the car and KNOW that it's right...particularly the pulley size, which seems to be the part that is special to a TTA?

So, I put the Ransho in and it is good. Quiet and smooth running. The look is a bit different from the original, but the pulley size and mounting are identical. Now, with new belt, tensioner, alternator and A/C compressor, this section should be done... Next is a broken sway bar link. Always something on a 30-year old GM car if you drive it.

Top Bottom