4.1 ??

White Dwarf 89

I am wondering if anybody has ever done a 4.1 build for a TTA. Anybody have any ideas what won't fit? Will heads bolt up or Oil pan, for example? Some educating insight is appreciated.

White Dwarf 89

A friend of mine has a few of those 4.1s. One in a GN. No TTAs tho.
I've seen the budget build on the GN/TType site. It was done for under $2K
What's his take on them? I had a block and GAVE it to a so-called friend who stiffed me for a $Franklin.
Would you ask him what to pay attention to during the build? I know clearances are do or die but what else? I want to build something to pound on and leave the original engine alone.
Thanks!

TTOP350

He did a budget build on it. I do know he used hypr-pistons!!!! While it was on pump gas and alky he was hitting it with 27lbs of boost :eeks: . Last year or so he switched to E85, a diff computer(?), roller cam(?) and has been playing with the tune.
As far as special work to make it, work, I'm not sure if anything was needed or not.
Its been kind of his testing/play toy.

TTOP350

He has only hit that boost a few times and knows its a time bomb but Y pull it apart until it lets go! Other than the boost its a fairly mild tune..
It was supposed be a "spare" motor until he gets the good one done.

All things considered. I'll be hot rodding the Turbo T instead. A buddy of mine drives a Lambo and I wanted to keep up when we go to the coffee n cars meet. The Sy is not getting hot rodded either.

Top Bottom