25th Anniversary - What do you guys want to do

sdriche

Moving this discussion out of General Chat so it doesn't get bumped.

Lots of suggestions on the location. Lets keep the momentum to nail it down. Perhaps the best solution is to agree on venue choices and have everyone pick all the ones they can attend. The highest votes wins. Just a suggestion.

Choices offered so far are as follows. Is everyone ok with picking from these or is there another you want to consider?

1. POCI- June 17-21
Wichita, Kansas
2. Pontiac Nationals- Aug.1,2,3rd
Norwalk, Ohio
3. Trans Am Nationals- Aug 22-24th
Dayton, Ohio
4. BPG Event- Ohio - Aug TBA

I'll start....Assuming these are the choices I pick 3 and 4 (meaning I could attend either).

Next.....

kymmee

Silver Member
I'm attending the Pontiac Nationals regardless. Already have my camping space and tickets reserved.

The TA Nats seems like a good choice, but it is at a new venue, so there may be a few glitches here and there.

goche4

trans am nationals for me 3 august 22-24. There is an event with the syty community in Carlisle pa august 1-3 I plan to attend, I know there is a few guys that have multiple vehicles

The TA Nats seems like a good choice, but it is at a new venue, so there may be a few glitches here and there.
Won't even try to debate that one with you as that is a major issue we're working diligently to address, but obviously many things are out of our hands. The good news is that Fairborn has a good amount of experience hosting national car events, did a fantastic job with POCI/GTOAA (TWICE!) and has bent over backwards to work with us so the odds are in the shows favor.

We are intentionally not making any changes to T/A Nat's rules, classes, processes, etc. this year so we can focus on settling into the new facility. Starting next year, we'll have a better idea of traffic flow (pedestrian & cars) and be able to adjust the show layout accordingly.

You bring the cars - we'll handle the :wall: part! The more cars we have, the more muscle we have to make things happen for the benefit of all of our participants. I still can't get over the 55 TTA's that attended the 2011 reunion. That's tantamount to an invasion - anybody think there could be 56 in Dayton this year?

Thanks to all for the show of support!

sdriche

sdriche - 3, 4
Kymee 2,3
goche 3
wqcode 3
Mike Arrigo 3
w mcvicker 2,3

Totals so far
1 = 0
2= 2
3 = 6 (Trans Am Nationals- Aug 22-24th)
4 =1

Keep the votes coming....

sdriche

Jim, can you allow multiple choices? Rather than selecting just one venue, multiple choices will help narrow down to the one that most people can attend. So far it seems the TA Nats is pulling strong.

Mark - it is literally four miles away. I just sent them an email with show information and asked if they were willing to offer T/A Nat's participants any sort of admission deal. No guarantees, but never hurts to ask, right? Hope to see you in August with your TTA!

kymmee

Silver Member
Disappointed that I'm late to the game, but I just picked up #191. Any news of any TTA reunion in the future? Similar to the 2011 in Hebron?
Hi NEOhioGuy! Welcome to the TTA forum. Also from NE Ohio. There are now 3 or 4 TTA's in this area that I know of. Any details on your car?

I don't know if there will be another reunion like Hebron (it was awesome!), but here are a couple shows in the area that I have attended in the past that are coming up in the next couple weeks. My TTA was well received at these shows, in fact, won a couple trophies. lol

If you can make it, bring your car-strength in numbers!

http://www.gogtoaa.com/

http://www.summitracing.com/expertadviceandnews/calendar/upcoming/2014-buick-olds-pontiac-show

Thanks for the nice welcome kymmee! I've been on the other sites: gtasourcepage.com and thirdgen.org and haven't had such an enthusiastic response!

As for my latest (previous '84 Firebird SE, '89 GTA 5.7), I picked it up from a "classic car" dealer in St. Louis. Drove it home--what a blast! Even remembered to stop in at the Brickyard to take some pix of it in front of the place.

While I had a PPI done on it (never saw it in person until I picked it up), I can say that even that left something to be desired. This is a nice car, but a long way from a 100-point car. It's got a few minor mods. I'm going to have to put some $$$ into it to get it back close to stock.

Thanks for the intel on the shows. I've had the all-Pontiac one in Akron on my radar and will try to make that. As for the BOP one in Tallmadge I will probably have to pass that one since I have a flight out of town that evening. I do plan on trying to make the Parma Animal Shelter show at State Road Park since that's really close to home for me and I can still get to the airport on time.

I'm going to try to make as many cruise-ins before the season is over, but I am happy to report that I did take it up to Detroit and did the Woodward Dream Cruise, something I've attended 4 times in the past, but this was the first time with a cruise-worthy car. Speaking of strength in numbers, I might add that there were dozens of Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, etc., that cruised but this was the only '89 GTA/TTA I saw among the entire 50,000 cars there.

Hope to run into you and the other NEOhio TTA owners since I have a lot to learn about this car yet. In the meantime, thanks again for the welcome, and good luck to you!

Hi NEOhioGuy! Welcome to the TTA forum. Also from NE Ohio. There are now 3 or 4 TTA's in this area that I know of. Any details on your car?

...here are a couple shows in the area that I have attended in the past that are coming up in the next couple weeks. My TTA was well received at these shows, in fact, won a couple trophies. lol

If you can make it, bring your car-strength in numbers!...

michbc3

Was anybody at the Moose Preserve with the Buick GNs during the Woodward Cruise in August of 2014? I started a thread on the TTA forum and got zero response AFAIK.

DynoDave

I think this will be my first post....been more of a lurker, as I don't have a TTA. But I did buy an '88 T/A this summer, and was out on Woodward, a good part of the time with the folks from mifbody.com, as they had a canopy up at the parking lot right across the street from the Moose Preserve. . If there were TTAs there, I must have missed them. But I'm still becoming more 3rd gen. F-body aware.

If that's a regular get-together spot, I'll certainly keep my eyes open for next year. :D

Top Bottom