2011 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Reunion! Hebron, Ohio 7/30/2011

Jan,

It did, but that plate hasn't been off in 10-12 yrs...I'll check when i get it back this week.

Also one thing it has that I've never seen nor heard of on another (but I have been out of the loop for at least 10 yrs---stored the car, got married, kids, life, etc...) is a gold 1" decal (with a black 1/8" pin strip running down the center of the gold decal) all the way around the car just above the ground effects. When i purchased the car it also had a set of pace care decals on it and a set in the owners kit. No Indy badge behind the front wheels, but i purchased some OEM and put them on. I saw some discussion one the lack of the badges once, why were those missing?

Also, the local dealership has the car right now and the service mgr said it will only pull 10lbs of boost (on the factory guage) and it chatters very rough at that point...knock sensor???? New exhaust, O2 sensor, PCV valve, and about a dozen other minor things (rear main, and a few other dried out seals/gaskets)...all stock...any ideas? the car always ran very strong and would redline the boost and hold in no time on the factory guage.

Chris

8289ta

Silver Member
The decal was probably applied by a previous owner. There is another member on here - Andre#4 - who has a rare convertible and his also has a gold pinstripe by the ground effects. I don't think it is 1 inch wide though.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you would have done the car more justice if you had brought it to a mechanic who specialized in Turbo Buicks. At this point, there is probably not one person in that dealership who has worked on a Buick turbo motor, much less a 20th TTA. I am sure someone here can chime in on the boost issues. There is plenty of knowledge here.

Last edited:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely you also have major vacuum leaks! If they are original they are all starting to crack and leak! On these cars that can cause all kinda issues. Could also be injectors. I've seen them gum up on cars that sit a lot.

kymmee

Silver Member
Sorry I had this question in the wrong thread, so I'll repost it. Jim, on Friday will we be able to park in the "designated car show area" or do we park in the public lot? Thanks...................K

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Friday you can park anywhere you want in and around the track. The area for the show on Saturday will most likely be open to park. The track is huge plenty of room. If you want to watch the racing you can park in the pit area near the tower. That pie shaped area. Just be careful you get into the right car! There is going to be a lot of cars like yours all over the place! :)

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely you also have major vacuum leaks! If they are original they are all starting to crack and leak! On these cars that can cause all kinda issues. Could also be injectors. I've seen them gum up on cars that sit a lot.
See you speak about this stuff and it happens to yourself! I took the TTA to my trans guy today to have him flush the fluid in the trans and while we had it running he said "What's that vacuum leak I hear" Sure enough one of the lines coming off the ERG valve area and goes behind the coil pack just cracked. The hose looked fine but the end where it went into a T behind the coil pack was broken. So you never know when a vacuum leak is going to get you! I was actually waxing the firewall the other day so I might have knocked it as well but it was cracked and leaking for who knows how long!

Nick Wise

See you speak about this stuff and it happens to yourself! I took the TTA to my trans guy today to have him flush the fluid in the trans and while we had it running he said "What's that vacuum leak I hear" Sure enough one of the lines coming off the ERG valve area and goes behind the coil pack just cracked. The hose looked fine but the end where it went into a T behind the coil pack was broken. So you never know when a vacuum leak is going to get you! I was actually waxing the firewall the other day so I might have knocked it as well but it was cracked and leaking for who knows how long!
That sounds like the valve for the Hvac controls. Kirbans should have them in stock if you want a new one. I was lucky last weekend when I replaced the vacuum lines that I didn't break mine. Found out what that was after routing the line for my boost gauge and knock the same line off that you said was cracked. didn't realize it till I tried the AC and it would only blow out the defrost vents. Cheap fix and a short drive for you. Then again, Dennis is going to be in Ohio, since you are trailering it there, you could just get one then.

That sounds like the valve for the Hvac controls. Kirbans should have them in stock if you want a new one. I was lucky last weekend when I replaced the vacuum lines that I didn't break mine. Found out what that was after routing the line for my boost gauge and knock the same line off that you said was cracked. didn't realize it till I tried the AC and it would only blow out the defrost vents. Cheap fix and a short drive for you. Then again, Dennis is going to be in Ohio, since you are trailering it there, you could just get one then.
very interesting :chat:

Jan,

I was visiting my TTA at the doc friday and took the plate off the back, still there "3" with an underline...took some pics for posterity as it is getting harder to see.

Jim,

Ordered a knock sensor as it was not coding even when it was tapped on. On the vaccum leak note, we did replace some lines already that were degraded. I still had my old wastegate lines with the orficed "y" i think I'm going to put that back on as i ordered a new one 10 or so yrs ago and i think they sent me a GN one (Grey, no orfice). Cleaned up the intercooler inside and out, but waiting on some AC fittings for the new compressor that may not be in until Thursday. not good!

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan,

I was visiting my TTA at the doc friday and took the plate off the back, still there "3" with an underline...took some pics for posterity as it is getting harder to see.
Very cool, glad it's still there ... PM me as I'd like to update my details in the database I'm keeping.

Look forward seeing you end of the week!

Jan

Top Bottom