2011 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Reunion! Hebron, Ohio 7/30/2011

I will be there! Gives me a great excuse to take the TTA on the trek home to the buckeye state to visit friends and relatives that I've not seen in a few years.

Festival car (cloth seats & all the decals), just over 60K miles. Upgrades include 3" stainless from turbo back, 3200 stall converter, 42.5lb injectors, hotwire walbro pump, 60t turbo, too much (for stock guys) chrome under the hood, and of course a fiberglass spoiler.

See you next summer!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I will be there! Gives me a great excuse to take the TTA on the trek home to the buckeye state to visit friends and relatives that I've not seen in a few years.

Festival car (cloth seats & all the decals), just over 60K miles. Upgrades include 3" stainless from turbo back, 3200 stall converter, 42.5lb injectors, hotwire walbro pump, 60t turbo, too much (for stock guys) chrome under the hood, and of course a fiberglass spoiler.

See you next summer!
Great to hear this and welcome to the forum!

Just so you guys know if we have enough interest at the event they will make us our own race class! We can work that out as it gets closer!

Rodimus_Prime

I just thought of something that might be a problem, when we are at the hotel with all of cars, how the hell are we going to tell them apart LOL?

going to have to go by plates

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I just thought of something that might be a problem, when we are at the hotel with all of cars, how the hell are we going to tell them apart LOL?

going to have to go by plates
Don't laugh! I was at a show with 10 Grand Nationals and I went to open the hood on "my" car to show someone something and they asked when I installed a line loc! Then I realized it wasn't my car! DOH! I think everyone is going to have to remember their vin and take a look on the windshield before you try the key! :D

I remember a story about one of the very early Rose Bowl games. Over 25,000 model T's in the parking lot. Game went late, no lights in the parking lot. All black parked side by side. And the worst thing was that there were only a few hundred different key patterns. Hundreds of people left in a different car than they came in.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Well I guess I'm glad I embroidered my car cover with my car number! That will keep you guys out of it! :)

I was talking to owners of TTA #1234 this past weekend and that car will be there in Ohio 2011! Another cool car number to have!

How many different keys do you think they made? I would venture to bet my TTA door key works on a few others...No way they had 1550 different cuts.

Jason

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Well the key to my Chevy pick up had opened about a dozen other chevy trucks so far! I walked onto a used car lot about a year ago and opened every Chevy truck there. It wouldn't start them but it opened the doors!

PhillyD

Can't make a reservation yet ... jeesh ... really bummed because I'll forget. Oh well ...

Is there a schedule of events for the 3 days?

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Yea the host hotel will not let you make the reservation till Jan 1st 2011. That's just how they work it there. Don't worry we will be stomping down this event heavy from now till then for sure! You won't forget! :D

We are still building the schedule for the 3 days due to new special guests being added all the time and how to tweak the days and max them out. There will be a cruise night every night near the hotels for sure and we may have more then just one tech session at the track. Along with photo op's of our special guests. This year when I go out to Ohio for the BPG event I'm going to map out everything and check everything out a little closer so I can make an agenda for the event that will work and flow nice and smooth. There isn't a day goes by that I'm not working on something for this event. I think my head may explode when the event is a month away! :D Hang in there this is something you don't want to miss!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen a number of guys joining the forum lately just figured I'd bring this back to the top so the new guys see/read it.

What do you guys think about this for the event... Friday and Saturday at some point after the show. Rope off a spot in the pits for TTA's that are for sale. That way I can promote the event to the TTA's that pass by on eBay and on the forums that are for sale. This way anyone looking to buy won't have to walk around asking everyone if their car is for sale. And those of us that know someone in the market to buy one you'll have a wide selection to look thru. Most shows discourage cars for sale but why not give them a live out let to selling their cars.

av6ateu

I've seen a number of guys joining the forum lately just figured I'd bring this back to the top so the new guys see/read it.

What do you guys think about this for the event... Friday and Saturday at some point after the show. Rope off a spot in the pits for TTA's that are for sale. That way I can promote the event to the TTA's that pass by on eBay and on the forums that are for sale. This way anyone looking to buy won't have to walk around asking everyone if their car is for sale. And those of us that know someone in the market to buy one you'll have a wide selection to look thru. Most shows discourage cars for sale but why not give them a live out let to selling their cars.
Sounds like a great event.. I'm really going to try and make it. I've already planted the seed in my womans brain that this could be a "family" vacation for us next summer. :D (already hit up a buddy about using his car trailer for this week too)

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great event.. I'm really going to try and make it. I've already planted the seed in my womans brain that this could be a "family" vacation for us next summer. :D (already hit up a buddy about using his car trailer for this week too)
Now you sir are a smart man! You have all the angles working to make it there with the car and family! I love it! I can't wait to meet you guys and shoot the bull!

CANT WAIT, this is the thing I am most looking forward to in 2011

Hopefully everything works out and I still have the car then
You better have it by then! You can sell it the day after! :)

Nick Wise

I will definitely be there. I am going to be a bachelor next year( my woman will be in Cosovo). just need to find a babysitter and decide wether or not to trailer it out there. driving it out would definitely be more fun.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Well boys we are almost at the one year countdown mark for this once in a life time event!! I'm going to BPG this year with my 86 GN but I'll be looking around and dreaming about seeing the track and town packed with TTA's next year!!!

Stay tuned for the unveiling of our special guest that will be attending this event! Some of the art work will also be showing up very shortly!

Locally 4 new guys in my club (MAGNA) have purchased TTA's since the announcement of this event so they are all on board to bring their TTA's out next year. 2 of them are going to drive out using the car to take the wife and kids! Pretty cool that everything from low mile garage queen's to high mileage daily drivers will be there! The best of ALL worlds 20 some years later!

Ok so are you guys ready to find out who our special guest is going to be??? Get ready I'm going to post it soon! :clap:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The best part about having a lot of TTA owners in once place is having them all at everyones disposal pushing broken cars onto trailers. :cool1:

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
OK boys are you ready for our special guest attending the TTA reunion next year at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, Ohio...

Attending the 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am reunion next year will be the one and only. Mister Turbo Trans Am, Mister PAS him self....

SCOTT KELLY

I am so fired up Scott is going to attend our event!! It's been hard holding it back and I leaked the news out to a few members but Scott Kelly is/was PAS. He test drove each and every one of your cars when they rolled out of PAS in 1989!! These cars all deserve to head back to the BPG event in Ohio next year and see their creator once again! Scott is excited about the event and can't wait to see a long line of TTA's sitting in the pits at National Trail Raceway next year! He is working on some projects for the TTA's that will be announcing shortly! He misses the TTA's dearly and told me it was one of the most special projects he's ever done! So let's show Scott how each and every one of the TTA owners out there are nothing but first class and bring our TTA's out to this event next year! Some way, in any shape or form, get your TTA out to Ohio next year for this event and let's all make history!

This news blew me away when he said he would attend this event. After all without him there would never have been an 1989 turbo Trans AM!

Here is a little info on Scott Kelly for those that don't know him....

Scott Kelly was instrumental in the development and production of the 1989 20th Anniversary Trans Am. Scott served as the Engineering Liaison between PAS and General Motors throughout the program as well as being responsible for the all of the Trans Ams used during the month of May 1989 including the 3 actual Pace Cars. After the Trans Am program Scott worked as the Service and Warranty administrator for the Anniversary Trans Am, Syclone, Typhoon, Sonoma GT as well as Natural Gas powered trucks that PAS produced until 1994.

Scott and his Wife Ann currently own a small automotive technical writing company name Kelly Automobile Technologies that specialized in vehicle proposals, technical papers and marketing materials. Ann and Scott met under the hood of a prototype 20th Anniversary Trans Am in 1988 as Ann was tasked by Pontiac to develop the Owner’s Manual Supplement for the car.

I mean how cool is this news! The one and only Scott Kelly will be there next year in Ohio.

OK so now... Here is what we are working on for next year at the TTA reunion...

We are going to have possibly 2 or more Q&A sessions with Scott Kelly in the Jegs suite at the track. If attendance grows over the size of the Jegs suite we may relocated this Q&A session but we'll work on that as time gets closer. For now we have secured the suite all weekend thanks to BPG. The suite looks down the quarter mile and it's got cold AC! Scott will bring some never before seen pictures and documents from the making of the TTA back in 1989! We will show them while Scott tells us all about how the TTA came to life and the entire history behind the cars.

This is why we started the thread about questions on these cars because we have the man himself going to answer them for you at this event! I have spoke to Scott many times on the phone over the last year and some of the information he has gives me chills! Never before known facts about these cars will now be all out in the open! Trust me if you have the love for these cars that I do, this is something you do not want to miss!

Also... We will have dash plaques made for this event. On these plaques we will have a place for each and every TTA owner to write his name, vin, and car number. We will then take a picture of Scott Kelly, you, and the plaque in front of your car! How cool is that! You will be able to have a picture of your TTA with Scott showing that you were there! That should drive the prices up of your TTA's value!

Any means you have no matter how far away, if you own a TTA you have to get it out to Ohio next year for this event! Low miles, High miles, Garage queens and junk yard kings we want to see them ALL there next year in Ohio! This is event is every reason why we all own and love our 1989 turbo trans am's. Now it's time to bring them back together for the first time EVER with their creator. It just does not get any better then this! It's a year away and I'm so excited I wish it was tomorrow! These cars were always considered the red headed step child of the Pontiac world, well now it's time to show them how we can all come together once again! This event will be history in the making.

We have contacted Hemming's, Pontiac Enthusiasts, GM High Tech, and other publications to cover this event. So start your engines blow the cob webs off and get your TTA out to National Trail Raceway one way or another next year!

We also have other special guest that will be added as time passes on! We are not done yet! So stay tunned and find a way to get your TTA out to Ohio next year!

I would also like the thank BPG (Buick Performance Group) for letting us use this venue for a history making event like this. The BPG has done some amazing events at this location over the past few years like the GSX reunion and the Stage 1 reunion to name a few. They are a first class operation all the way. I was extremely pleased when they reached out to host the 1989 turbo trans am reunion at their location. If you want to know more about the BPG and or join their club, follow this link... http://www.buickperformancegroup.com/
members of the BPG do receive discounted ticket prices at the event next year so you may want to join the BPG to save some money on admission, show, and race fee's next year. It's a great group of guys and well worth the membership money.

Below is a never before seen picture of Scott Kelly and the TTA's at Indy! This is only one of the amazing picture collection Scott Kelly will share with us next year in Ohio at the reunion. Scott wants to repeat this picture in Ohio next year so bring those TTA's out!

Attachments

Nick Wise

I also am booked at the Host hotel for Friday and Saturday Night. They said there are only afew rooms left, So don't put it off too long. Most hotels start taking reservations just shy of a Year in advance. Hope to see you all there.

Top Bottom