Search results

1. Guss23

Oil Leak!

How did you fix the leak on the back of the intake?
  2. Guss23

Oil Leak!

Very strange but to only happens when I run it for an extended period. It leaks a lot when it does.
  3. Guss23

Oil Leak!

I’m having an issue with an oil leak. It looks like it’s coming from above or near the starter. The oil is blowing back on to the fly wheel cover. I don’t think it’s a main seal but I can’t quite put my finger on where it’s coming from. If I’m only driving for 10 or 15 minutes there’s no leak at...
  4. Guss23

Coolant Flush

Hello, I have had some strange issues with my car and I think I might have figured out why. Now, how to fix it.... My car is a 9,000 mile car that sat for quite a few years. Since I bought it I have chased a few demons but have it running ver good. One issue that I could not fix however is...
  5. Guss23

Get your Turbo Trans AM polo/golf shirts!

What is his last name?
  6. Guss23

I sent him a couple of messages with no go. Anyone have his phone number??
  7. Guss23

Eratic Rpm At Cold Start

Hello, I had the exact same issue. It seemed to be running rich as well. Turns out, it was the fuel pressure regulator. The diaphragm was ruptured and, as it’s attached to the vacuum system it was sucking gas. Run it for 5 min and the turn it off and disconnect the vacuum line on the fpr...
  8. Guss23

Is this guy still around?
  9. Guss23

I am interested in a shirt but I am XXL. Can you get that size?
  10. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

No more hunting. Idle rock solid at 900 rpm
  11. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

IT WAS THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR!!!!
  12. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

Don't know if this has to do with my problem but I discovered a minor vacuum leak in the hose going to the brake booster on the booster side. When I removed the line I noticed it had a strong smell of gas in it. I put a hose clamp on the booster side. At idle I did notice a variation of rpm...
  13. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

I installed a new MAF sensor and the car started but immediately died. Started it again and again, immediately died. Did this 8 or 10 times and then switched it back. Went back to Oriellys and got another one and it did the exact same thing. Is there another procedure? It does have a stock...
  14. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

The battery cranks perfectly and the alternator charges at 13.45 volts
  15. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

I don't know the age of the battery.
  16. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

OK, I hooked the scan tool up and there was nothing crazily out of wack. I have replaced the IAC valve and O2 sensor. I adjusted the TPS at idle and WOT. I am changing the fuel filter, readjusting the IAC and installing a new MAP sensor tonight. I have sprayed down all vacuum lines with...
  17. Guss23

Exhaust Systems

Anyone have any suggestions for a cat back bolt on system? I'd like one that is close to stock
  18. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

I do have a Scanmaster I bought a few years ago. I’ll get it out and see if it I can trace anything down. Is there a good reference to factory settings?
  19. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

When it starts and it’s cold it starts out at around 15 to 1800 RPM and as it warms up the idol drops down to where it should be but then it starts acting up.
  20. Guss23

Rpm Hunting At Idle

Ok, I got a new MAF at O’riles and installed it. The car started, ran for a few seconds and died. It did it repeatedly so I put the old one in. The computer is new in it. Tried adjusting the tpi and had no luck. Is there a trick to setting them??? When I changed the spark plugs they were...
Top Bottom