Search results

1. V

After Market Torque Arm Question...

I only have first hand knowledge of the Torque arm with the cross member. Looking here http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-1992-GM-F-Body/Suspension/Torque-Arms/Transmission-Mounted-Torque-Arms/Tubular-Adjustable-Torque-Arm-Transmission-Mounted.html You may be ok with theis Arm and bushing...
  2. V

After Market Torque Arm Question...

Spohn makes a specific torque arm for the 200-4R transmission in a 82-92 F-body. Check out their site. I am not sure if any other source has the 200-4R specific arm. http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-1992-GM-F-Body/Suspension/Torque-Arms/Standard-Duty-Crossmember-Mounted-Torque-Arms/
  3. V

Another thing i did this summer

Bin there done that. I determined that the main cause for the column loosening is flipping the tilt handle and just letting the wheel fly up. Now when I pull the tilt handle I guide it up with my hand so it doesn't fly up. Stayed tight for many years. Live and learn.
  4. V

Locking Lug Nuts Socket Missing

On my first TTA 20 years ago, I went to the dealer and they identified the key and sold me one. There are only 8-12 keys. 4 years ago I got a key from Amcor. Lucky for me their office is about 6 miles from me. They came out to the parking lot with the assortment of keys and found the...
  5. V

Loose / Wobbly Steering Column ?

Nice write up Jan. Just a note. The loosening of the tilt assembly is likely caused by pulling the tilt handle and letting the wheel fly up when exiting the car. You will be much better off to guide the wheel to the up position, with your right hand ,when releasing the tilt handle. My $0.02
  6. V

best antifreeze?

Prestone pre-mixed. Prestone because I always have and pre-mix because I think it's better than trying to find de-ionized or distilled water to mix with the concentrate.
  7. V

Woodward Dream Cruise

Here is the Moose preserve web page www.moosepreserve.com
  8. V

Woodward Dream Cruise

Continuing the tradition. Turbo buick powered cars will be meeting at the Moose Preserve on Wednesday Aug 14th, 5:00pm until .... . The Moose Preserve is located on the north bound side of Woodward just north of Square Lake Road. 43034 Woodward Ave Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 (248) 858-7688...
  9. V

got some new pads

+1 on the Hawks HP+. They dust a lot, they are also somewhat corrosive when the dusty wheels get wet. Use with caution on the TTA, you don't want to ruin a good set of wheels. I also had very good luck with the original Delco Pads, but I don't know if you can still get them. Last I checked...
  10. V

Scott Kelly's Website comments

Jan FWIW the guy I got the down pipes from refered to the project as "20T" Glenn
  11. V

Trans Am Nationals in Dayton OH

I made it to the Nat's on Sat. got registered the car thru tech and parked, around 3:30pm. I ended up in the heavy modified class '82 to '92. They had a caravan to Tip City that left at 4:30 so I went up there. In Tip City there were 5 TTA's including my #963. I had a nice chat with the...
  12. V

Trans Am Nationals in Dayton OH

Anyone going to the Trans Am Nationals Aug 24,25,26? www.tanationals I am planning on going, but will not be there all three days. Most likely will be at the show Sat and the Tip City Cruise Sat night. May stay for show Sunday, just not sure. If you're going, shoot me a PM and I'll...
  13. V

I have some sad news and I need a very special favor from everyone on the forum...

Re: I have some sad news and I need a very special favor from everyone on the forum.. I am sorry to hear of you loss, Jason. You are in our thoughts and Prayers. Glenn
  14. V

Pontiac High Performance article on the turbo trans am reuniuon!

Got my issue in the mail today. Great job Jim! I enjoyed seeing some old friends and meeting new enthusiests for the quickest Trans Am ever made. Weathers getting better, time to dust the oild girls off and get them some exercise. Glenn
  15. V

Meeting Dec 10. 2011

Guys There will be a group of Turbo Buick guys meeting at Camp Ticonderoga on Dec 10 at 5:00pm in Troy MI, Good food, Drink and Turbo bench racing. http://www.campticonderoga.com/ RSVP Reply so we get an Idea who may come out. Couples welcome. Glenn
  16. V

Places to visit in the Detroit area

Jan The GM stuff is invite only not public. I like th Henry Ford Musium and Villiage, especially the transportation section and the old tool room with working tools driven by an overhead line shaft. Like Pilly said, What you looking for? Glenn
  17. V

TTA parts and books NOS and repro

Is the bumper cover front or rear? If it is front I am interested. Glenn
  18. V

6th Annual ALL-FREE Family Fest

Hope your show went well. Sorry I couldn't make it. T-shirts would be nice to do. Later Glenn
  19. V

Scott Kelly's Website comments

I have run 255/50-16 gatorbacks on the front and do not recall any rub issues. Other than running worn out shocks I don't see an issue with the 255's all around. Glenn
  20. V

My New TTA #831"A"

Way to go Phil, that's a rare one. Genn
Top Bottom