Search results

1. michbc3

Tta Forged Pistons

Yes Jarred, I had a really hellish experience when building my first TurboBuick engine in 2010. And I wasn't inexperienced at engine building. I assembled 6 or 8 successful, moderately modified SBC engines for my Corvette and friends prior to that. I was counting on getting specific...
  2. michbc3

Tta Forged Pistons

Feel free to put my little story to good use Dyno Dave! 3rd Gen parts are indeed sometimes hard to find. I just sent out a spare headlight motor to have it rebuilt for my 1986 Trans Am. When I needed it a couple of years ago, it took me some time to find a used one.
  3. michbc3

Tta Forged Pistons

I had a TurboBuick business in PA order some custom JE pistons for me back in 2010 when I lived in VA. I spent half an hour on the phone telling the guy that a TTA combustion chamber was smaller, so regular GN pistons would not work which is why I was placing a custom order. After about 3...
  4. michbc3

Car Show

Yeah, I used to live in a Detroit suburb. It's a great place to be from. Lots of car action in the Summer. Never liked that "put away the car" stuff from October until May though. It was like being dead half of the year. We do "cars" in Florida 365. It's nicest here from October through...
  5. michbc3

Car Show

Have had lots of car cruise-in and show rain-outs here in Florida. Weather will stabilize soon. Found a hole in the clouds and took one of my grocery getters to the Publix grocery store. This is my only vehicle with a trunk. It brought me back to the 1960s - loading groceries into the trunk...
  6. michbc3

Tta Floor Mats

Thanks for the leads and tips!
  7. michbc3

Wtb Original Radio

I'd like to buy one too. Have been asking around for years.
  8. michbc3

50# Injectors And 3 Chips

Right. You just provided full context which is all I was asking for. Newbies buy these cars all the time. If you supply additional fuel through other means (like a 2nd set of injectors), you can run 28 lb injectors to get into the 10s too. But it would be misleading to leave out that fact.
  9. michbc3

50# Injectors And 3 Chips

Need to give full context for the novice. More like: "Good for 10 seconds - if supplemental fueling from alcohol is added". Otherwise, you won't have enough fuel and could knock the engine apart.
  10. michbc3

Tta Coolant Overflow / Alky Tank Covers By Ptp

Put me down for a silver bundle please. Bob Crow, Port St. Lucie, FL
  11. michbc3

Interesting V6 Information

Lots of info there that I hadn't seen before. Note all the expensive special tools required to fool around with that balance shaft. Then, if you modify the engine by changing to better pistons, rods and crankshaft, one has to wonder what has to be done to that shaft. Glad that I don't have to...
  12. michbc3

Still can't load pics,

How do I insert a picture in a message from my hard drive? When I try that, the system asks for a URL.
  13. michbc3

Bad Gas?

Try calling Autometer directly to see if they still make them. Summit has lots of Autometer gauge pods, but I couldn't find one for 89 Camaros or Firebirds. I looked in my car files for an old (9 years now) receipt for the one that I have, but couldn't find it.
  14. michbc3

Bad Gas?

There may be a simpler way to do it that somebody figured out, but on my car, I'd unplug the fuel pump relay under the hood that is mounted on the cowl on the driver's side and jumper the correct pins on the relay socket to run the pump. I copied the remote fuel pump relay "hotwire" kit that...
  15. michbc3

Bad Gas?

I think it's kind of remarkable that the octane that I got at RaceTrak was so low that it still wasn't enough even when I added 2 gallons of 110. Obviously all RaceTrak gas stations don't play games like that, so I don't want to slam the chain. I guess bottom line is: get a knock gauge so...
  16. michbc3

Bad Gas?

It sounds like you don't have a knock gauge. Highly suggest that you use one if you are going to be playing around at the track. I had a similar experience not long ago. I took the car to the track with a mild mix of high octane and 93 and in 2nd gear the knock gauge lit up into the yellow...
  17. michbc3

New Radio Face Plate $40

Rich - I will send you another email. The last one that I sent to you asked for your last name and address and if you had a paypal account or not.
  18. michbc3

Need your radio! Please email me direct to make arrangements. Thanks! Bob Crow...

Need your radio! Please email me direct to make arrangements. Thanks! Bob Crow, robert_crow@comcast.net
  19. michbc3

Oil Leak Under Oil Filter What Is That Part?

I wish that all oil leaks were that simple. I often seem to fix one leak and then another pops up...
  20. michbc3

Oil Leak Under Oil Filter What Is That Part?

Perhaps the oil pressure gauge sender...?
Top Bottom