Search results

1. Mark T-TB

Tta Included In "80's Performance" Exhibit At Simeone Museum - Philly

I submitted an application for #545 to be included in this Special Exhibit, and have been excepted :cool: The Simeone Foundation Museum is an internationally recognized and award-winning auto museum featuring what they call "sports racing cars" (with lights and fenders) from the early 1900's...
  2. Mark T-TB

One Tta At Kirban's 2018 Spring Open House

#545 was representing the Turbo Trans Am contingent at the 2018 Open House at Kirban Performance. The turbo-Buick step child stood out like a sore thumb among the multitude of Grand Nationals... there were a few white Turbo-Ts in attendance, so I was not exactly driving the only white-trash at...
  3. Mark T-TB

#8 At Kirban's

1 intrepid TTA owner (not me this time) "carried the flag" and drove to the 30th Anniversary Open House event at Kirban Performance on 4/30/17... Festival Car # 8 was looking good. Thanks Aaron :cool:
  4. Mark T-TB

Hanging Out With The Buicks At The Magna Show, Cecil County Md

#545 stood out in a sea of Black :cool: on Saturday at the 20th Anniversary MAGNA Car Show. The Show is held in conjunction with the East Coast Buick Regional event at Cecil County [MD] Dragway. There are tons of photos and even some drone-video over on the MAGNA Facebook page. Mid-Atlantic...
  5. Mark T-TB

2 Photos And 2 Questions

I'm hoping for some insight as to what is going on? 1st photo = plug that I found under the driver's side headlight that is not plugged into anything, and I don't see any other "loose" plugs. Does anyone know what this is? 2nd photo is what my oil drain plug looks like. there seems to be very...
  6. Mark T-TB

Ht Sighting At Magna Meet 5/24/16

Took a ride in #545 on a beautiful spring Sunday to nearby DE for one of the MAGNA lunch/gatherings. Hmmm... as I pulled in, I noted another TTA already in attendance. Jim? Rich? [either] Aaron? No, none of those other "known" local cars. I knew that Wayne had this car, but had never seen it...
  7. Mark T-TB

Fundraising For Walk Ms - 5/1/2016

A few on here know that my wife has been hit hard by MS - diagnosed in 1995, wheelchair bound since 2006 and losing more ability/mobility each year. As there is no prevention or cure, I'm left feeling pretty helpless. That is why I started doing the Walk and Fund Raising... hoping that the...
  8. Mark T-TB

Who Holds The All-time Lap Record?

As part of a count-down to the 100th running of the Indy 500, AutoWeek [on-line] is running a series of "100 Headlines that shaped the greatest spectacle in racing". Today's headline story: "Eddie Cheever piloted his green Quaker State/Menards car to the fastest lap ever completed in the Indy...
  9. Mark T-TB

Which Color For Door Sill Plates?

I was ordering up a new hood insulator pad from Classic Industries, then poking around to see if they had anything else that I wanted to get... My door sill plates appear to be red ones that some past owner painted tan, so I was checking them out. Classic has new ones, but not in "Camel"... they...
  10. Mark T-TB

"the Captain" Has A Tta In His Collection - See Article

spotted this today on AutoWeek.com :cool: Penske's collection includes a whole bunch of Indy Pace Cars, the TTA is listed last. Does anyone know what # he has...
  11. Mark T-TB

Magna Car Show - Cecil County Md

Two of those "white cars" crashing the 80s side of the MAGNA car show today at Cecil County Dragway, part of the East Coast Buick Regional event. Rich - it was nice to chat today :cool: and congrats on the award!
  12. Mark T-TB

"there's [only] One In Every Crowd"?

Headed to the Delaware "Kirkwood Highway Cruise" :cool: last weekend with some of the MAGNA crew. Out of at least 3 TTA board members/owners in attendance, it was just me driving a white car :confused: I'm trying to "carry the TTA banner" as best I can I think it was Jim C that posted this...
  13. Mark T-TB

#545 Next To A What?

I drove #545 over to the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum (in Philly, less than 1/2 hour ride for me) for their "Form follows Function" demonstration day a couple of weeks back. I've gotten friendly with the Museum's main [volunteer] photographer and knew that he would like to see my car. He...
  14. Mark T-TB

2015 Walk MS

I'm signed up again this year to do the "6 mile" Walk MS Event in Southern NJ. A few on here know that my wife has been hit pretty hard by MS - diagnosed in 1995, wheelchair bound since 2006. As there is no prevention or cure, I'm left feeling pretty helpless. That is why I started doing the...
  15. Mark T-TB

AGM Battery?

Has anyone used an AGM battery that fits well in the stock location? Everything I'm seeing says I need a size 75. After seeing what a mess the battery tray in #545 was, I'm on the lookout for a nice AGM battery to keep everything clean & dry there. I've had an Optima in the Tiger for many...
  16. Mark T-TB

I've still got a lot to learn...

Spotted this "promotion" ad on e-bay, it was the price that made me look. Pontiac Trans Am GTA | eBay Comparing the various 3rd-Gen F-bodies in the ad: "...the 5.7 Liter cars are certainly a better rounded as a whole vs the turbo, it drives better, it is consistently faster and most...
  17. Mark T-TB

Parade Car?

Well, it wasn't exactly the Indy Festival... but we had the opportunity to participate in the Woodbury (NJ) Fall Festival Parade. The photo is in the staging area. This is typical small-town stuff. We cruised (slower than walking pace) the nearly 2 mile route - lined with folks on both sides in...
  18. Mark T-TB

tie down on trailer?

.. trying to get ready for the T/A Nats... This will be our 1st travel/tow event [with the TTA], just got new trailer last week (have been trailering our Tiger for 20+ years). However, I don't see anything "obvious" to hook the tie-down straps onto in the back. How do you do it? Any...
  19. Mark T-TB

Kudos to Jim & Ed

A BIG "thumbs up" :thumbup: to Jim and Ed at Buick Turbo Performance for all of their work on #545. I'm fortunate to live less than 25 miles from Jim (would be much shorter except for that big river in the middle :rolleyes: ) Jim posted a bunch of pix on their FaceBook page, link below...
  20. Mark T-TB

what injector harness?

I'm hoping that someone can help... I am gathering the parts for a "major tune-up" for #545, as the age/condition/source of many components is at best "unknown" after 25 years, 56K miles and "x" owners. I had Jim Dunn take a quick look at the car, he gave me a shopping list and some sources...
Top Bottom