2011 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Reunion! Hebron, Ohio 7/30/2011

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
22 years later and this is it!! If you are a 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am owner or just an enthusiast this is the event you want to be at. In conjunction with BPG http://www.buickperformancegroup.com/ This is the event you have been waiting for!

What: The official 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Reunion Party!

When: July 29th, 30th, and 31st. The show/display will be on Saturday July 30th.

Where:
National Trail Raceway http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/

It will be over 22 years that these cars have all been in one place at the same time and it's time to get them all back together again and be a part of it! There is a lot planned for this event and I will be adding to this thread in time as things fall into place.

The reason we set this date so far in advance is so everyone can get a truck and trailer lined up if needed to get to this event. You have plenty of time plan and we hope to see over 100 TTA's in one place again if not more!

Hotel Information:

HOST HOTEL

Hampton Inn Security Provided
1008 Hebron Rd
Heath, OH 43056
1-740-788-8991
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=NEHHHHX

Holiday Inn Express Security Provided
773 Hebron Road
Heath, OH 43056
1-740-522-0770
Trailer Parking
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/...tel&start=null

Quality Inn Security provided
733 Hebron Road
Heath, OH 43056
(740) 522-1165
Trailer Parking

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-heat...t5=1&nchild5=0

Red Roof Inn Security Provided
10668 Lancaster Road
Hebron, OH 43025
1-740-467-7663

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/...x?searchtype=C

Courtyard by Marriott Security Provided
500 Highland Blvd
Newark, OH 43055
1-740-344-1800

Cherry Valley Lodge & CoCo Key West Water Resort
2299 Cherry Valley Rd
Newark, OH 43055
1-800-788-8008

Granville Inn
314 E. Broadway
Granville, OH 43023
1-740-587-3333

The Place Off The Square
50 N Second St
Newark, OH 43055
1-740-322-6455

There are other hotels in the area if you want to google the area. The host hotel sells out fast so you might want to get all your hotel information set up far in advance! There is security at the track 24/7 the entire event. So I would go right to the track with your car and trailer and leave them both at the track if your coming in for the weekend. Then you can just use your tow vehicle to drive back and forth to the hotel. The hotels are about a 10 min drive to the track. There is plenty of fast food and quality restaurants in the area.

Car Show and display: Saturday July 30th

The car show will consist of a 100 point judging system. The BPG will give out trophies and we will have some special trophies as well. There will also be goodie bags to EVERY TTA that enters the show/display. There will also be a FREE special limited edition event t shirt given out to every TTA that enters the show and display!! This is my contribution to this event. Everyone loves a free t shit! The special limited edition shirts will also be for sale at the event. The folks at Indy 500 have already sent me some door prizes to give away as well for the event.

The reason we call this a show and display because it's all about the cars. Even if your TTA is no where near a show car it's all about bringing it out and putting it on display and giving everyone that attends this even to enjoy your TTA with all the other TTA's that are there. Not to mention to be a part of this once in a life time huge event!

Some of the special awards will be....

Furthest TTA Driven:
The car that is driven to this event from the furthest point to Ohio.

Furthest TTA Hauled out:
The TTA that is hauled in from the furthest point to the event.

The Rarest TTA: If one of the TTA verts show up and or the hard top TTA's present would be considered for this.

Best of show Stock:
The stock one that sets it's self apart from the others. Could be a car "still in the wrapper" Or just a super clean stocker.

Best of show modified:
The best modified TTA present. Get those race cars ready!

Lowest Mile TTA: The TTA that is present with the lowest miles.

Highest Mile TTA:
The TTA that is present with the highest miles.

If you can think of any other special awards you would like at this event please let me know and we will consider them!

**One thing to keep in mind is that you MUST have a UL approved fire extinguisher in an easily accessible place in the vehicle! It does not have to be mounted in the car but it MUST be present! Some guys put them in front of the driver side tire or just lay it on the floor in the back on the passenger side. But there must be a UL approved extinguisher within reach that can be seen. This is one of the rules of the BPG and it's for everyone's safety.**

Special Guest:
I am working with the folks at the Indy 500 trying to get some special guest to come out to this event for autographs and such. I have some good leads but if you have some leads please let me know and I will pursue them as well. This will build as time goes along and I will update any new and solid information in this thread.

Rain Date: While there is no rain date for this event with BPG I have made special arrangements to get this event a rain date! I want to see this reunion go off next year no matter what! I just think no matter what these cars deserve an event like this no matter what mother nature may have in mind for us in 2011. I have teamed up with Sue of the Trans Am Nationals and IF we get rained out at the July 30th 2011 BPG event in Ohio we will piggy back with Sue and their crew of the Trans Am Nationals and have this event at their location in Dayton Ohio. I spoke with Sue and as of now they don't have a date set for the 2011 Trans AM Nationals but when they do make a date I will add it in this thread and that will be used ONLY if we get a rain out on the July 30th 2011 date in Ohio.

Ideas, Input, Suggestions, Questions: If you have any please post them in this thread. This thread will grow and change as this event gets closer. You can always PM me as well if you need to.

Can You Make This Event?:
If you can make this event or plan to please post in this thread. Let us know if your going to bring a car or just spectate. I would like to get a head count of the members and cars here that are going to attend just to get an idea. The BPG also has extended the offer that the TTA can also have their own race class at this event for you guys who like to race your TTA's. Their pay outs are one of the biggest around! So if your a show guy or a race guy we have you covered and that is why we chose this location and event to have this huge reunion at!

Advertising: We need YOU! Anyone you know with a TTA or who may have one you need to pass the word around! We are working on a flyer for this event that I will post here and we will also make a .PDF of it so you can print a few out and take them to the track or shows with you and when you see other TTA owners just drop one in his car or let him know about this event! In the coming months I will submit this reunion on as many car sites as I can. You can link back to this thread as well. But we need each and every owner to get the word out and let everyone know!

Press:
I have reached out to every car magazine out there to let them know about this event. I am working with Hemmings to cover it along with Pontiac Enthusiast magazine. Please don't be shy! If you know anyone or have any e-mail contact for any car magazine out there please let me know and I will pursue them as well. I want this event to show up everywhere!

Many TTA owners always say the TTA never gets the respect it deserves, will now it's time to give the TTA the respect it deserves and we all know that respect comes in numbers! So mark your calander and get your truck and trailer lined up and ready to go to be a part of one of the biggest showing of the 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans AM ever in history at the 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am reunion!!

Rodimus_Prime

2 things

Can hotel reservations be made this far in advance?

I am not racing do I still need a fire extinguisher

As for a special guest, any way we can get Emerson there haha? Might be nice to have some folks from PAS or the factory where these were built.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to make the reservations this far in advance. The host hotel is usually sold out a year in advance. I go to this event every year and I booked this year last year and they told me it was sold out already so I would try to make some reservations.

Believe it or not most major car shows require you to have a fire extinguisher in the car. Having a car that is 20 plus years old it's actually a good practice to have one. Every one of my cars that is the first thing I buy. I've seen many beautiful classic cars burn to the ground because the guy didn't have one. And it's actually for the show cars more then anything because if you have a race car and don't carry one in the car you have some major problems. Just get one and be safe all the time! I keep one on the floor in the back of my TTA. When I go to shows that don't require one I tuck it under the driver seat.

I am working on Emerson actually. I have some leads out and just waiting for some word to come back. When I contacted Indy 500 about this event they were very helpful getting me some contact info. So we shall see! :)

Anyone that has any connection with PAS folks please pass it along. At least we can let them know about this event!

alwayscode390

I am excited and really hope my car will make it.

Right now it wants to start when it wants to start, lol ... I think its the key reader in the column.

I think I may be in for highest mileage car , lol

475 mile trip for me :( ---

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
How about some presentations, history, tech or similar for some to share and others to learn?

I will be there one way or another but without my TTA obviously.

I'll send the details to some former PAS/Triad people and see if they are interested ... Unfortunatly 2 have passed away that were key to the project but will try some of the other guys.

Talk to Rich as well and see what he can do to share his knowledge and collection with us all.

Can't make reservations until January 1st of the current year for the Hampton.

Plus, they let the people who stayed there the previous year get first dibs. Might as well count out the Hampton Inn.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
How about some presentations, history, tech or similar for some to share and others to learn?

I will be there one way or another but without my TTA obviously.

I'll send the details to some former PAS/Triad people and see if they are interested ... Unfortunatly 2 have passed away that were key to the project but will try some of the other guys.

Talk to Rich as well and see what he can do to share his knowledge and collection with us all.
Awesome input Jan! I think we need to elect you and George for the history and tech presentations! :clap:

Any PAS employee info you can pass along to me would be great! I'll do the research to get them out there. I have to get Rich on the phone as well. Rich PM me your number! :)

The nice part about the venue at the track is they have this one huge area they did the GSX reunion in. There is a large area that is under cover that was great for presentations. They had some people there that worked on the line and told their stories along with a tech and history session so this would work great as well. I'll bring a speaker and mic along as well I think there is power in that area.

Keep the input coming guys! ttarider

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I am excited and really hope my car will make it.

Right now it wants to start when it wants to start, lol ... I think its the key reader in the column.

I think I may be in for highest mileage car , lol

475 mile trip for me :( ---
you have over a year to get it ready so start wrenching! :cheers::cheers:

TTA976

Silver Member
I hope one of the TTA verts is present:WOOT:. Would be cool if a hardtop showed up as well. Never seen either in person.:headbang:

simo

Since I am heading to North Dakota first and then to Ohio.

1,620.63 miles CA to ND
1,335.03 miles ND to OH
2,955.66 miles CA to ND to OH
2,248.38 miles OH to CA
5,204.04 miles Round Trip - Give or Take
or some where north of 260 gallons @ 20 mpg
YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I hope one of the TTA verts is present:WOOT:. Would be cool if a hardtop showed up as well. Never seen either in person.:headbang:
I think we have a hardtop or 2 already confirmed coming but I'm working on the vert. The one I had contact with moved on me so hopefully the owner will bring it out! How cool would it be to have ALL the verts there! Now that would be history in the making!

OOOH, is that a challenge?! HAHHAAH jkjk ---

HAHAH tax return here I come!!! ;)

You guys seem like a fun bunch ---
You think we are fun here! Just wait till Jan, George, and my self get QuikyOne drunk at the streak house at this event! Now that will be fun! :D

I stopped counting at 6000 miles ... will be driving my 1/64 scale all the way from United Kingdom ttarider
Well it will be nice to have one of your 1/64 scale cars to make the trip. Sorry Jan you are not eligible to enter that in the furthers car award! :chat:

Since I am heading to North Dakota first and then to Ohio.

1,620.63 miles CA to ND
1,335.03 miles ND to OH
2,955.66 miles CA to ND to OH
2,248.38 miles OH to CA
5,204.04 miles Round Trip - Give or Take
or some where north of 260 gallons @ 20 mpg
YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow well I think I have the winner for furthest driven there! :D

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
So how many others are going to plan to attend this event? Come on guys we need every TTA at least on the forums to join in! Honestly I don't ever see an event like this every happening again in the future. Now is the time to make some history and be a part of it with your TTA. The press and the event alone will help boost the cars not on in value but respect! An event like this is WHY you own a TTA! So others who respect it can enjoy it and you can show off your pride and joy!

Just an update.... Since this event is all weekend I'm working on a cruise night on Thursday or Friday somewhere around town for those that come in early in the week for the event.

Hi Jim,
My wife and I are planning on making the event with our car(#810). We look forward to driving it there. It will be a great road trip. We will be racing it as well. Thanks very much for doing so much planning. I look forward to meeting everybody. Thanks, Dana

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jim,
My wife and I are planning on making the event with our car(#810). We look forward to driving it there. It will be a great road trip. We will be racing it as well. Thanks very much for doing so much planning. I look forward to meeting everybody. Thanks, Dana
Wow that's awesome! Looking forward to meeting you guys! This is the kinda thing I love to hear! Not only driving it but racing it! :clap: :clap::clap:

I think what will happen is on Saturday they will open the track for test and tune in the morning till the car show/display is over then racing will continue. So this way you can park your car in the display/show area and take it for a lap or two till the show is over. I can't wait to see who drives the furthest to this event with their TTA! ttarider

Jim,

I will be happy to coordinate with you on a presentation at this affair. It may be possible to bring some of the prototypes as well. You are welcome to phone me at your earliest convenience. Phone number provided in a PM.

All the best,

Rich

Jim,

I will be happy to coordinate with you on a presentation at this affair. It may be possible to bring some of the prototypes as well. You are welcome to phone me at your earliest convenience. Phone number provided in a PM.

All the best,

Rich
Great news!!! Bring them all out if possible!

Jason

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Jim,

All the best,

Rich
Could use you on board for sure! Thanks for offering Rich! :cheers:

Jim,

All the best,

Rich
This would be a huge draw for sure. Now I'm getting excited.

:detective:ttarider:clap::detective:

72firebird

Super Moderator
I plan on trying to attend but I don't want to make any definite commitments. I should be graduating in May 2011 so I'll hopefully be starting working right around the time of the event. There's a good chance that I should be able to go though and I'll try to make arrangements with any job I take to make sure I have enough time around the event to go.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
This would be a huge draw for sure. Now I'm getting excited.

:detective:ttarider:clap::detective:
Good get to work on that art work then!! :cheekiss: :cheekiss: :cheekiss:

I plan on trying to attend but I don't want to make any definite commitments. I should be graduating in May 2011 so I'll hopefully be starting working right around the time of the event. There's a good chance that I should be able to go though and I'll try to make arrangements with any job I take to make sure I have enough time around the event to go.
Don't worry Jared by then there will be no jobs so you'll have all the time in the world to plan to get to this event with your car! Don't waste your time planning for a job around that time plan for something that's a sure bet and plan to be in Ohio! :D ttarider

Top Bottom